Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing filename format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing filename format Post 302711329 by domdom110 on Friday 5th of October 2012 06:29:26 PM
Old 10-05-2012
Changing filename format

i need and outline to write a script that takes and old format and convert to a new format

example:
tupac - changes.mp3

and converts all mp3 files to the format of

tupac/changes.mp3

thanks for taking your time

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on sed (replace string without changing filename)

I have awhole bunch of files and I want to edit stringA with stringB without changing the filename. I have tried the following sed commands: sed "s/stringA/stringB/g" * This will print the correct results but does not actually save it with the new content of the file. when I do a cat on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoves
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing date format

Hi, Is there any way to change one date format to another ?? I mean I have a file having dates in the format (Thu Sep 29 2005) ... and i wud like to change these to YYYYMMDD format .. is there any command which does so ?? Or anything like enum which we have in C ?? Thanks in advance, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing format

Dear Experts, Currently my script is gereating the output like this as mentioned below. 8718,8718,0,8777 7450,7450,0,7483 5063,5063,0,5091 3840,3840,0,3855 3129,3129,0,3142 2400,2400,0,2419 2597,2597,0,2604 3055,3055,0,3078 4249,4249,0,4266 4927,4927,0,4957 8920,8920,0,8978... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting month and changing format

Hello, I would like to get todays moth and write it in this format: _06_ Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing month in Mmm format to mm FORMAT

i have an variable mydate=2008Nov07 i want o/p as in variable mymonth=11 (i.e nov comes on 11 number month) i want some command to do this for any month without using any loop. plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing filename extension

Hi All, i need to change the filename extension. For simplicity, we can assume that the extension after '.' is 3 characters only... but the filenames can vary. eg. changing from abc.doc to abc.dxs can i have a oneline command to achieve this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiso
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing the format of the list

I have a file such that List : a, b, c, d I want to list this as List a b c d however the trick is the number of arguments in the list is varies. There might be 0-7 variables . Can you help me? Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozum
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Date Format

How can i make the date command output yesterday's date, current date and the date 4 days ago, in the following format: 2012-10-03 code: date +% ???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing date format

how do i change the following to show me what the date was 7 days ago? date +%Y-%m-%d (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
DIR2OGG(1)						      General Commands Manual							DIR2OGG(1)

NAME
dir2ogg - Convert MP3, WAV, and M4A files to OGG format SYNOPSIS
dir2ogg [ options ] ( filename [filename2] ... || directory [directory2] ... || [cdrom-device] ... ) DESCRIPTION
dir2ogg converts MP3, M4A, WMA and WAV files to the open-source OGG format. dir2ogg is a python script that simply binds together mpg123, faad, and oggenc making it easier for the user to convert his/her music files. OGGs are about 15 to 20 percent smaller than MP3 files, with the same relative audio quality. dir2ogg can be called with the -d flag at the command line to convert any number of directories at once, or given MP3, M4A, WMA, and/or WAV filenames as arguments, dir2ogg will convert only those files. If converting WAV, M4A or WMA files with -d you must add the -w, -m or -W command line flags respectively. These flags are not neccesary unless using -d. Note that converting M4A files requires you to have faad installed, and converting WMA files requires mplayer. Keep in mind that converting from MP3 or M4A to OGG is a conversion between two lossy formats. This is fine if you just want to free up some disk space, but if you're a hard-core audiophile you may be disappointed. I really can't notice a difference in quality with 'naked' ears myself. General Options -h or --help print quick usage details to the screen. -d or --directory convert all MP3 files in directory. WAV and M4A files will be converted if used with the -w and -m command line flags. This option is for compatibility purposes only and does not need to be specified anymore. -r or --recursive like -d but descends recursively into directories. -c or --cdda Convert an audio CD into ogg. You may pass the device as an argument to the script (default: /dev/cdrom). Requires cdparanoia orq icedax or mplayer -p or --preserve-wav preserve all WAV files. By default they are deleted. -P or --no-pipe Do not use pipes to send data from the decoder to the encoder, use temporary wav files instead. --delete-input Delete the input file after conversion -v or --verbose increase dir2ogg's verbosity. -Q or --quiet Do not display progress messages, except the name of the file which is currently converted. Some decoders provide no way to disable messages and thus may still display some. Conversion options --convert-all Convert all supported audio files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis. -f or --convert-ape Convert all APE (Monkey's Audio) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using either ogg123 or flac or mplayer. -f or --convert-flac Convert all FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using ogg123 or flac or mplayer. -m or --convert-m4a convert all M4A (MPEG-4 Audio) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using faad or mplayer. For decoding ALAC (Apple Lossless) files, 'alac-decoder' may be used. -m or --convert-mpc convert all MPC (MusePack) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using mpcdec or mplayer. -W or --convert-wma Convert all WMA (Windows Media Audio) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using mplayer. -w or --convert-wav Convert all WAV files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis. -V or --convert-wv Convert all WV (WavPack) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis. -n or --no-mp3 ingore all MP3 files found in directories given on the command-line. --(ape|cd|flac|m4a|mp3|mpc|wma|wv)-decoder=COMMAND Set the decoder you want to use for one filetype, e.g.: --mp3-decoder=lame. Run dir2ogg --help to see the available decoders. -qN or --quality=N OGG quality. N is a number between -1 and 10. Default is 3. Decimals are OK (ie: 3.7) -t or --smart-mp3 Try to use the same quality as the input file. MP3 input only! SEE ALSO
mpg123(1), mplayer(1), oggenc(1) BUGS
Enter you bug reports in Launchpad at https://bugs.launchpad.net/dir2ogg AUTHORS
0.10 and newer: Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org> 0.9.3 and older: Darren Kirby <d@badcomputer.org> CONTRIBUTORS
original wma support: Cameron Stone <camerons@cse.unsw.edu.au> smart-mp3: Marek Palatinus <marek@palatinus.cz> dir2ogg 0.11.8 2009-08-04 DIR2OGG(1)