Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax Issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax Issue Post 302710979 by Junaid Subhani on Friday 5th of October 2012 08:23:16 AM
Old 10-05-2012
Data Syntax Issue

Hello all. Need a bit of help...

I have :

Code:
previous_tmp0=`cat tmp0.txt`
previous_tmp1=`cat tmp1.txt`
previous_tmp2=`cat tmp2.txt`
previous_tmp3=`cat tmp3.txt`
previous_tmp4=`cat tmp4.txt`
previous_tmp5=`cat tmp5.txt`
previous_tmp6=`cat tmp6.txt`
previous_tmp7=`cat tmp7.txt`

Now I want to use the following :

Code:
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5
do
echo "$previous_tmp$i"
if [ ${ARRAY_MOUNT_POINT_CAPACITY[$i]} -eq $previous_tmp$i]
then
    echo "File Size Same of ${ARRAY_MOUNT_POINT_NAME[$i]}"
elif [ ${ARRAY_MOUNT_POINT_CAPACITY[$i]} -gt $previous_tmp$i ]
then
   echo "Mount Point Increase"
else
   echo "Mount Point Decrease"
fi
done

In the line : if [ ${ARRAY_MOUNT_POINT_CAPACITY[$i]} -eq $previous_tmp$i]

, how do I write the statement $previous_tmp$i so that if cals the proper variables ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Calculate scores and probability -- Syntax issue

Hi, I am totally new to C programming on Sun Solaris environment. I am an active member on the UNIX forum and a good shell programmer. I am trying to achieve some calculations in C programming. I have the pseudo code written down but don't know the syntax. I am reading a couple of books on C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue in ksh file

Hi all, I am struck with syntax for long time, Need to purge some lines from given file Not able to use value of $x Example of ksh script... Facing some syntax issue. Have Tried ‘with single , double ,backtick “” ` and \ escape character , doesn't seem to work. <line 1> echo $x #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manav666
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding syntax error Issue

Hi i as you may already know i am creating a menu driven program. I have chosen to take the approach of implementing each interface individually, after adding another interface and attempting to run the program i am faced with the following error: ./Assigntest: line 32: syntax error near... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a possiable syntax issue in my script

Hello I have tried to my best ability to work around this script tht will reference my m-names.txt which contains the format of: 168.16.0.0/16 169.56.0.0/16 132.2.0.0/16 122.5.0.0/16 Then I call a cli named getzoneprof that will set the $subnet from each of the lines in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr/bc syntax issue

Hi, I am facing issues in my shell script while trying to add two variables. Look at the snippet below for details: # Initially variable SAMPLE1 and SAMPLE2 are set from different sources. Have trucated decimal to avoid numeric errors in expr SAMPLE1=`/usr/bin/top -n 1 | head -3 | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error, not understanding the issue?

Close please. Refer to following thread: Sub Menu issues (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banned
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syntax issue in curl for getting a file from http site

Hi All I am using curl in my client environment. We need to pull a file from the libraries site. All the files are having perticular URL which can be used to get the files. Only issue is, when we fire that command , it will take to authentication page 1st. once authentication is succed, it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabirkumardhar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH IF syntax issue

Hi All, I'm trying to write a simple if statement in TCSH and I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've played around with all sorts of permutations of syntax. if ($DESKTOP_SESSION == "kde") then replace "forceFontDPI=0" "forceFontDPI=96" --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VerticalMule
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dpkg Syntax Issue . . .

Greetings! I'm trying to get dpkg to just completely extract a multi-part *.deb archive set into a single folder called "output". Simple? Hmmmm.... dpkg --noforce --unpack *.deb /output/Console after ops: However, "--noforce" is taken directly from the helpfile Options listing as furnished... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
8 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)