Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional Search/Replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional Search/Replace Post 302710075 by tiggyboo on Thursday 4th of October 2012 12:14:02 AM
Old 10-04-2012
Thanks... This one is an eye opener for me!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional string replace for each line

Hi all, I appreciate the enormous amount of knowledge that flows in this forum. I am an average UNIX user. I have many files with lines like the below. I have separated each line with space for ease of reading. I need to replace the first occurance of "/00" with null on those lines that have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help to do conditional find and replace

Hi, I have a Line input for awk as follows DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW MCR.COMM_STACK; CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MCR"."COMM_STACK" ON PREBUILT TABLE WITHOUT REDUCED PRECISION USING INDEX REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT SYSDATE + 7 WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a column with a value conditional on a value in col1

Hi, Perhaps a rather simple problem...? I have data that looks like this. BPC0013 ANNUL_49610 0 0 1 1 BPC0014 ANNUL_49642 0 0 2 1 BPC0015 ANNUL_49580 0 0 1 1 BPC0016 ANNUL_49596 0 0 2 1 BPC0017 VULGO_49612 0 0 1 1 BPC0018 ANNUL_49628 0 0 1 1 BPC0019 ANNUL_49692 0 0 2 1 170291_HMG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed conditional replace

Given this row: |lastname1|middlename1|firstname1|lastname2|middlename2|firstname2 produce this result: |lastname|middlename|firstname where the resultant names are based on the presence of the #2 names above. I.e., if a #2 name is passed (usually will be null,) use that - otherwise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional search and delete using SED / Shell script

Hi, I want to perform a conditional search and remove my search string. Input string: "abcdaabcadgfaarstab" Character to search: "a" Condition: Remove all "a" in the input string except if it is "aa" Output string: "bcdaabcdgfaarstb" Can you please help me in this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dominiclajs
5 Replies

6. Programming

Conditional replace after reading in a file

I need to read the contents of a file. Then I need to grep for a keyword and replace part of the grepped line based on the condition of previous and present line. Example input file: V { port1 = P; port2 = 0; shift_port = P0; /* if next shift_port is P0 I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and conditional execution

Hi, I have a list of files with different filenames like nam0001.txt,pan0001.txt etc coming in /data/inbox from various places. I needed a shell script which would:- 1)searches for a word from the filenames (coming in inbox directory) provided in input parameter. 2)if found, put in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saiesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional grep command to search entire file

Let me give you a complete example what I am trying to achieve. 1. Below is the log file structure where I need 2,5 and 14th column of the logs after grepping through the linkId=1ddoic. Log file structure:- abc.com 20120829001415 127.0.0.1 app none11111 sas 0 0 N clk Mozilla/5.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional string search

Hi, I need to search/grep userid and its value based on a condition that the user id is under the heading "*central_test*" in a big file of about 70808MB. The * represents some strings before and after the string "centrla_test". Could anyone please guide. OS is hp-ux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional \n replace for each line

How could be removed \n only if appearing at position 80 in the line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RomanF
4 Replies
2004-04-15

mailping

MAILPING-STORE(1)						     Mailping							 MAILPING-STORE(1)

NAME
mailping-store - store email from stdin to a mailping incoming maildir SYNOPSIS
mailping-store DESCRIPTION
mailping-store reads an email from standard input and writes it into a maildir chosen according to following logic: 1. If EXTENSION is not set, select Maildir. 2. If EXTENSION is set, ensure its value is safe to use, and select EXTENSION/incoming. mailping-store is usually run from a .forward file, and thus the filenames above are relative to the home directory of the account in question. Normal use Normally, mailping-store is used to ease the setup of new circuits to probe from mailping-cron. This is done with a system account mailping using <mailping@yourhost.example.com> as the from address, and <mailping+circuitname@yourhost.example.com> (or some remote address aliased to that) as the to address. In fact, these are the default values for from and to, so you can just skip creating those configuration files. This allows adding new test circuits without any changes to the email configuration. FILES
/var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/incoming Maildir to store the email to. /var/lib/mailping/state/Maildir/ Maildir to store the email to, if no extension was given. ENVIRONMENT
MAILPING_STATEDIR Override the location of the state directory. Circuit states are stored in the state subdirectory of this directory, in subdirectories named after the circuit name. Default: /var/lib/mailping EXTENSION Name of the current circuit to store the mail for. SEE ALSO
mailping-cron(1), mailping-success(1), mailping-latency(1) AUTHOR
Tommi Virtanen <tv@havoc.fi> Havoc Consulting Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Havoc Consulting mailping 0. 2004-04-15 MAILPING-STORE(1)