Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nawk script to manipulate txt file Post 302709219 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 12:56:39 AM
Old 10-03-2012
Umm, no duplicates here (Tested on AIX, Redhat Linux and cygwin).
Wonder if they are comming from sed or join.
Can you try without the sed command?

Hate to suggest this, but as a workaround you could throw | uniq on the end of the pipeline.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to takes the old data from a TXT file and compress them into new file

Hi, I am looking for the unix script which can takes the 2 month old data from a TXT file (there is one txt file in whiche messages are appended on daily basis) and compress them into new file.Please halp me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to manipulate the /etc/passwd file

Hi. Can anybody help me with a script to extract usernames, shell and home_directory from the /etc/passwd file. I am stuck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to manipulate a file

Hello, I have a file with following contents : WSL SRVGRP=LISTENER SRVID=2 CLOPT="-A -t -- -n 0x0002aa050a03cc65 " RQPERM=0660 REPLYQ=Y RPPERM=0660 MIN=1 MAX=1 CONV=N I need to print only the value in Hex i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk script to compare records of a file based on a particular column.

Hi Gurus, I am struggling with nawk command where i am processing a file based on columns. Here is the sample data file. UM113570248|24-AUG-11|4|man1|RR211 Alert: Master Process failure |24-AUG-11 UM113570624|24-AUG-11|4|man1| Alert: Pattern 'E_DCLeDAOException' found |24-AUG-11... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with 'nwbpvalues -c'. See util/nwbpsecurity for an example. As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)