Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris I/O error on Solaris sparc machine Post 302709153 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 07:06:08 PM
Old 10-02-2012
Can you show what you get when you try this series of commands
Code:
#does this command at least show spool as a directory and run as a directory?
ls -lad /var    
# if it does try
cd /var/spool
# if no errors try this  and show full output, including errors
ls -l

I think the file system may be damaged. /var/run is a tmpfs file system, it should be there. What is the version of Solaris, please. Or the output of
Code:
uname -a

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where to buy used Sparc machine

Hello, I plan to take the SCSA exam. I think if I have a Sparc machine that will be very helpful, though I could run VMWare on Win system. So could anyone know where I can buy a used workstaion. I am not dare going to eBay :) , (I am not sure the source is reliable). I live in up NY state. And... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billshu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting SPARC 5 Machine 's CD-ROM

Hi, I have inherited a Ultra 5 SPARC machine that I need to boot from its CD-ROM. WHen I turn on the machine it just boots to its hard drive. How do I get it to boot from the CD-ROM. I am a Solaris newbie.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login Solaris 10 Sparc - Data Access Error

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am installing Solaris. I have SunBlade 1500 Wrkstn. I installed Solaris 10 Sparc. The installation went successfully but I don't get the login screen. I get the following error message: Boot device: disk:a File and agrs:- Data Access Error Ok ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfsaeed
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Need gcc binary for a SPARC machine

The machine I am trying to compile on does have /usr/sfw/bin and all the files in it, EXCEPT gcc !! This is a SUN Sparc-1 machine, so the binary does matter to match this. Can someone send me a gcc so I can put it locally for compilation purposes? Or point me a a site that has a compiled-ready... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
17 Replies

6. Ubuntu

GUI for Gutsy running a SPARC Machine

I am having a hard time trying to find a repository that supports Gutsy 7.10 SPARC (I'm running a Sun Blade 1000 with an Ultra SPARC processor). Any idea how i can get a gui on my machine? Thanks in advance for the help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swilso
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Service error on sparc server running solaris 10

Hi, I am getting following service error on one of the sparc servers running solaris 10 - Code : $ svcs -a | grep "maintenance" maintenance Nov_08 svc:/application/management/sma:default $ svcs -xv svc:/application/management/sma:default (net-snmp SNMP daemon) State: maintenance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris SPARC boot error

Hi Admins, When i tried to boot the system from ALOM console i am getting below error and not sure what caused this error. Btw the machine is running on Solaris SPARC 10. Can you shed some light on this? {b} ok boot -sv SC Alert: Host System has Reset SC Alert: Host system has... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
23 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine SPARC?

Hello, please, can somebody tell me if can i virtualize Solaris 11 SPARC architecture in a x86 PC? Virtualbox allows doing that? i need to run Solaris 11 SPARC to make a lab, and dont have any SUN machine to do on it. Thanks in advance! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
uucheck(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       uucheck(1M)

NAME
uucheck - check the uucp directories and permissions file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uucheck [-v] [-x debug-level] DESCRIPTION
uucheck checks for the presence of the uucp system required files and directories. uucheck also does error checking of the Permissions file (/etc/uucp/Permissions). uucheck is executed during package installation. uucheck can only be used by the super-user or uucp. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -v Give a detailed (verbose) explanation of how the uucp programs will interpret the Permissions file. -x debug-level Produce debugging output on the standard output. debug-level is a number from 0 to 9. Higher numbers give more detailed debugging information. FILES
/etc/uucp/Devices /etc/uucp/Limits /etc/uucp/Permissions /etc/uucp/Systems /var/spool/locks/* /var/spool/uucp/* /var/spool/uucppublic/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uustat(1C), uux(1C), uucico(1M), uusched(1M), attributes(5) BUGS
The program does not check file/directory modes or some errors in the Permissions file such as duplicate login or machine name. SunOS 5.10 18 May 1993 uucheck(1M)