Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tracking high water usage of mount point Post 302709049 by bakunin on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 03:20:35 PM
Old 10-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstevens
I think I can handle the script. Was hoping to get something I could do in a single (with piping and redirection) command.
You can do that:

Code:
/usr/bin/printf "[%s] %s\n" "$(/usr/bin/date +"<format>")" "$(/usr/bin/df -h /backup | /usr/bin/tail -1)"

See "man date" for suitable format options. Once the output suits you put it into cron with a redirection to your logfile.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount point lost

hi , I was applying patches after that when i reboot i get these message. I did not do anything other thatn this. Now i am unable to start my oracle . Tell me how to solve this These are the error messages forceload of /drv/rdriver failed /drv/rdmexus failed ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiya
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Size of Mount Point

Hi, On Solaris 5.10, I have a following mount point: /dev/dsk/emcpower0a 492G 369G 118G 76% /u02 In /u02, from the du -h command, I can see that only 110G is used by couple of directories. I am wondering where the rest of 259G has gone? Any ideas please? How can I check... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
17 Replies

5. AIX

Change Mount point

Deart All, can any one help to do this, i need to change mount point in AIX 6 /opt/OM should be /usr/lpp/OM, how do i do.... Please help me Urgent issue (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mount point in a server

Hi , How to find out mount point in a server ? OS -- SunOS 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount point usage

Hi Guys, I have Solaris 9 and RHEL 5 boxes I implemented script to send me an email when my mount point is > 90. Now the ouput id like these: /dev/dsk/emcpower20a 1589461168 1509087840 64478720 96% /data1 /dev/dsk/emcpower21a 474982909 451894234 18338846 97% /data2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount Point is locked

Hi there, I have a mount point that is locked. How do I unlocked it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)