Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris HELP ME! Mounting tapes parallel backup SL500 on solaris 10 Post 302709045 by edydsuranta on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 03:04:25 PM
Old 10-02-2012
HELP ME! Mounting tapes parallel backup SL500 on solaris 10

Dear Experts,

I would like to perform parallel backup using SL500, but i have problem with mounting tape.

Please share your thought/experience how to mounting tape on SL500 with parallel backup (2 tapes).

Thanks in Advance.
Edy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

New backup tapes do not work

We are using Lone-tar to back up an old SCO UNIX System V/386 3.2. It was working fine until I inserted new data cartridges. I bought the exact same ones that I was using: HP DDS-1 Data Cartridge Compressed Capacity: 4GB Order number- C5706A If I insert a new tape and backup (done by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariepul
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

3. Solaris

mounting cd in solaris 5.8

Hi, I am trying to mount a cd on Solaris and its giving me the following error mount -F hsfs -o nomaplcase,ro /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s2 /tmpcd mount: /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s2 not a block device I stopped vold and tried to mount and it is not working. any help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Mounting an external parallel hard drive

Can anyone please walk me through how to mount an external parallel (or scsi) hard drive in visualize C3000 machine? I also would like to mount "/var/sallie" directory in that external drive. My "/var/sallie" directory is running out of space so I would like to mount an external hard drive so that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallysallie
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Tapes Health checks

Hi all gurus Is there any command to perform the tapes health checks? thanks in adv jiajin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Erasing backup tapes (DLT)

I have a load of DLT tapes I need to scrub and get rid off. Anyone know of any application to erase the tapes before recycling them? I have a Sun StorEdge L9 tape loader which I would like to utilise, so a script or application that can take advantage of doing a load of tapes without manual... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with mounting to backup server

This is how it looks now when I do a df -k SERVERNAME:/vol/bkup_xxxxxx 262144000 102924 262041076 1% /backup/xxxxxx This is how I need it to look like SERVERNAME:/vol/bkup_xxxxxx 262144000 102924 262041076 1% /backup/xxxxxx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PMoore
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to detect HP backup tapes in RHEL 6.2

Hi All, We connected 2 new tape drives to the servers. I am not able to see both HP tape drives in OS level. I am using RHEL 6.2 OS. I have scanned and rebooted the server but still can't able to find the drives. Thanks in advance..!!!! ---------- Post updated 10-22-13 at 05:07 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Mounting UFS on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11

I have a Solaris 10 LDOM installed with UFS and another Solaris 11 LDOM with ZFS. I want to mount a folder on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11. I used the following: sudo mount -F ufs 10.1.1.44:/export/home/amandeep/workspace /home/amandeep/workspace/mounts/ldom5 and it errors out with: mount:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
7 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
       backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string

SYNOPSIS
       backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help]

backup ap -t <help string> [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short
       description the string specified by the -topic argument.

To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command.

OPTIONS
       -topic <help string>
	   Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only.  If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double
	   quotes (" ") or other delimiters.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any
       backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line.

EXAMPLES
       The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions:

% backup apropos tape
	  labeltape: label a tape
	  readlabel: read the label on tape
	  scantape: dump information recovery from tape

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_help(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)