Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Apache not using second vhost.. Post 302708397 by general_lee on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 04:35:23 AM
Old 10-02-2012
Apache not using second vhost..

I have a test setup running apache 2.2. I'm just serving up some images to my dekstop.

I can't get apache to use my second vhost entry.. I know both entries work as I switched them around in my vhosts.conf. I just can't use them both at the same time.

Can someone help me please?

my vhosts.conf looks like this:

Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName mysite.com
DocumentRoot /data/usr/mysite.com/public_html
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /data/usr/mysite.com.com/cgi-bin
SuexecUserGroup global users
RLimitCPU 50
RlimitMem 15000000
RlimitNPROC 50
CustomLog logs/mysite.com.log combined
ErrorLog logs/mysite.com.error_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName myothersite.com
DocumentRoot /data/usr/myothersite.com
SuexecUserGroup global users
RLimitCPU 50
RlimitMem 15000000
RlimitNPROC 50
CustomLog logs/myothersite.com.log combined
ErrorLog logs/myothersite.com.error_log
</VirtualHost>

my httpd.conf looks like this:

Code:
NameVirtualHost *:80
#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>
Include /etc/httpd/conf.d/vhosts.conf

---------- Post updated 10-02-12 at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous update was 10-01-12 at 11:59 AM ----------

I was entering an IP address rather than a domain name into my browser. Once I updated my hosts file to resolve mysite.com and myothersite.com to an IP it all worked OK. I am now able to hit both sites serving different images.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the Vhost Command for the Unix Shell

anyone know? would be greatly thankful. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellnewbie
4 Replies

2. AIX

To see vhost on VIOS after creating an HMC profile

I created a profile in HMC for a new LPAR and activated it but not yet installed AIX. Is there a step to make this new LPAR available as vhostX from the VIO server after creating and activating an HMC profile? I already shared the CD-ROM device from the HMC profile. Thanks. -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner1
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Apache vhost redirect to a cgi file

Hi guys, I've been trying to figure this out all day however havent managed to as of yet. I have a server called netmon (network monitoring) which runs a multitude of programs to monitor the network. I also have a cname pointing to netmon called smokeping. At the moment to access smokeping... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
0 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/vhost.so missing Solaris 5.10

Hi, i have a solaris 5.10 machine on which i am getting below error while executing cat command ld.so.1: cat: fatal: vhost.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed it is related to file vhost.so missing Also when i did ldd cat result is as below libc.so.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

5. AIX

Create vhost in vios

Hello, I would like to create new lpar , but first i need to create a vhost to associate with it, does anyone know how to create vhost and associate it with lpar? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Vhost issue in apache ..Unable to figure out

Hi I have vhosts configured for my sites like: <VirtualHost ip_abc:8081> ........ ..... .... </VirtualHost> Now I have added a new vhost but on entering the same information on some other port say: <VirtualHost ip_abc:8082> ........ ..... .... </VirtualHost> (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

8. Linux

Apache vhost - debug web request

Hello all, I have several vhost and not sure which vhost is serving the requests to my url http://www.mydomain.tld i have ssh access to the web server is there a way e.g curl to know exactly which vhost served the request. one of my friend suggested logs but i want to find another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)

NAME
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache - capture DBI profiling data from Apache/mod_perl SYNOPSIS
Add this line to your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache (If you're using mod_perl2, see "When using mod_perl2" for some additional notes.) Then restart your server. Access the code you wish to test using a web browser, then shutdown your server. This will create a set of dbi.prof.* files in your Apache log directory. Get a profiling report with dbiprof: dbiprof /path/to/your/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* When you're ready to perform another profiling run, delete the old files and start again. DESCRIPTION
This module interfaces DBI::ProfileDumper to Apache/mod_perl. Using this module you can collect profiling data from mod_perl applications. It works by creating a DBI::ProfileDumper data file for each Apache process. These files are created in your Apache log directory. You can then use the dbiprof utility to analyze the profile files. USAGE
LOADING THE MODULE The easiest way to use this module is just to set the DBI_PROFILE environment variable in your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache The DBI will look after loading and using the module when the first DBI handle is created. It's also possible to use this module by setting the Profile attribute of any DBI handle: $dbh->{Profile} = "2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache"; See DBI::ProfileDumper for more possibilities, and DBI::Profile for full details of the DBI's profiling mechanism. WRITING PROFILE DATA The profile data files will be written to your Apache log directory by default. The user that the httpd processes run as will need write access to the directory. So, for example, if you're running the child httpds as user 'nobody' and using chronolog to write to the logs directory, then you'll need to change the default. You can change the destination directory either by specifying a "Dir" value when creating the profile (like "File" in the DBI::ProfileDumper docs), or you can use the "DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR" env var to change that. For example: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR /server_root/logs When using mod_perl2 Under mod_perl2 you'll need to either set the "DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR" env var, or enable the mod_perl2 "GlobalRequest" option, like this: PerlOptions +GlobalRequest to the global config section you're about test with DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache. If you don't do one of those then you'll see messages in your error_log similar to: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache on_destroy failed: Global $r object is not available. Set: PerlOptions +GlobalRequest in httpd.conf at ..../DBI/ProfileDumper/Apache.pm line 144 Naming the files The default file name is inherited from DBI::ProfileDumper via the filename() method, but DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache appends the parent pid and the current pid, separated by dots, to that name. Silencing the log By default a message is written to STDERR (i.e., the apache error_log file) when flush_to_disk() is called (either explicitly, or implicitly via DESTROY). That's usually very useful. If you don't want the log message you can silence it by setting the "Quiet" attribute true. PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache/Quiet:1 $dbh->{Profile} = "!Statement/DBI::ProfileDumper/Quiet:1"; $dbh->{Profile} = DBI::ProfileDumper->new( Path => [ '!Statement' ] Quiet => 1 ); GATHERING PROFILE DATA Once you have the module loaded, use your application as you normally would. Stop the webserver when your tests are complete. Profile data files will be produced when Apache exits and you'll see something like this in your error_log: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache writing to /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2604.2619 Now you can use dbiprof to examine the data: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2604.* By passing dbiprof a list of all generated files, dbiprof will automatically merge them into one result set. You can also pass dbiprof sorting and querying options, see dbiprof for details. CLEANING UP Once you've made some code changes, you're ready to start again. First, delete the old profile data files: rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* Then restart your server and get back to work. OTHER ISSUES
Memory usage DBI::Profile can use a lot of memory for very active applications because it collects profiling data in memory for each distinct query run. Calling "flush_to_disk()" will write the current data to disk and free the memory it's using. For example: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile}; or, rather than flush every time, you could flush less often: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile} and ++$i % 100; AUTHOR
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Sam Tregar This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-04 DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)