Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Problem Executing "lvcreate" Command Post 302708015 by mojoman on Sunday 30th of September 2012 10:46:11 PM
Old 09-30-2012
Code:
[root@speed-daemon ~]# pvs
  PV         VG      Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree 
  /dev/sda2  vg_os   lvm2 a--   29.28g     0 
  /dev/sda3  vg_os   lvm2 a--    9.75g     0 
  /dev/sdb1  vg_data lvm2 a--  199.97g  4.69g
  /dev/sdb2  vg_data lvm2 a--   97.62g 97.62g
[root@speed-daemon ~]# vgs
  VG      #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree  
  vg_data   2   1   0 wz--n- 297.59g 102.31g
  vg_os     2   3   0 wz--n-  39.03g      0 
[root@speed-daemon ~]# lvs
  LV      VG      Attr     LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  lv00    vg_data -wi-ao-- 195.28g                                           
  lv_home vg_os   -wi-ao--  19.25g                                           
  lv_root vg_os   -wi-ao--  10.00g                                           
  lv_swap vg_os   -wi-ao--   9.78g                                           
[root@mohit-speed-daemon ~]#

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "at" / "Cron" Command New Problem...Need help

Hi All, I am trying to schedule a one time job using the at command with the help of shell script for my project. The shell script should take a parameter as a command line argument from the at command itself. Is it possible to take a command line parameter for a shell script in the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohanraj
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem executing awk in shell "not found"

Hello, The INPUT file a.txt contains this a a a b b b I'm trying to execute this shell script from the Unix Command Line like this: ./k.sh a.txt > newfile.txt #!/usr/bin/sh infile="$1" awk '{print $0;}' < $infile I get this error message on the command line: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "find" and "grep" command

I want to list all files/lines which except those which contain the pattern ' /proc/' OR ' /sys/' (mind the leading blank). In a first approach I coded: find / -exec ls -ld {} | grep -v ' /proc/| /sys/' \; > /tmp/list.txt But this doesn't work. I got an error (under Ubuntu): grep:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies
VGEXTEND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGEXTEND(8)

NAME
vgextend - add physical volumes to a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgextend [-A|--autobackup{y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName PhysicalVolumePath [PhysicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
vgextend allows you to add one or more initialized physical volumes ( see pvcreate(8) ) to an existing volume group to extend it in size. OPTIONS -A, --autobackup y/n Controls automatic backup of VG metadata after the change ( see vgcfgbackup(8) ). Default is yes. -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -v, --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about lvextend's activities. Examples "vgextend vg00 /dev/sda4 /dev/sdn1" tries to extend the existing volume group "vg00" by the new physical volumes (see pvcreate(8) ) "/dev/sdn1" and /dev/sda4". DIAGNOSTICS
vgextend returns an exit code of 0 for success and > 0 for error: 1 no volume group name on command line 2 volume group name not given as first argument 3 no physical volume(s) on command line 4 invalid volume group name 5 error checking existence of volume group 6 inactive volume group 7 error reading VGDA 8 volume group is set to not extendable 9 maximum physical volume number of volume group exceeded 10 error reading all physical volumes 11 error setting up VGDA 12 error extending VGDA in kernel 13 error writing VGDA to physical volume(s) 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_AUTOBACKUP If this variable is set to "no" then the automatic backup of VG metadata is turned off. LVM_VG_MAX_BACKUPS This variable determines the backup history depth of kept VGDA copy files in /etc/lvmconf. It can be set to a positive number between 0 and 999. The higher this number is, the more changes you can restore using vgcfgrestore(8). See also lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgreduce(8), pvcreate(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS VGEXTEND(8)