Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How can i prevent logging user1 from console? Post 302707859 by maxim42 on Sunday 30th of September 2012 08:15:24 AM
Old 09-30-2012
@jlliagre thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging all console activity to a file - how?

Hi all, Well I've had a bit more experience with Unix-like environments since my last post, now that I have started working on my website in earnest and am doing much of the file manipulation via the command line through SSH. The thing is, I want to be able to log all console activity,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Prevent users logging in as root

I would like to know how to prevent users connecting to a server using SSH as root. I would still like them to be able to login with their username and then change to su. But I would like to prevent them logging in directly as root. I have searched the forum and read that I should set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
3 Replies

3. BSD

Logging to /dev/console

Hi, The output of the cat ttys on a free BSD m/c console none unknown off secure # # Serial terminals # The 'dialup' keyword identifies dialin lines to login, fingerd etc. ttyd0 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" unknown on secure ttyd1 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" dialup off ttyd2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlalitha
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

User1 runs User2 scripts and updates logs?Is it possible?

Guys I have an odd request in hand. User1 Group1,Group2 User2 Group2,Group1 As can be seen ,both users belong to each other's group as well. Now User1 is holding some scripts(in a folder) on which perms are: 750 ..meaning User2 can read and execute but the execution is never successful... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Event logging to file and display to console | tee command is not able to log all info.

My intention is to log the output to a file as well as it should be displayed on the console > I have used tee ( tee -a ${filename} ) command for this purpose. This is working as expected for first few outputs, after some event loggin nothing is gettting logged in to the file but It is displaying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
3 Replies

8. Solaris

"finger user1" pointing user1 and user2 as well why so?

Hello guys, on Solaris 10 os, I have this problem, When I finger one user it points to 2 user why so, -bash-3.2$ finger machova Login name: machovp In real life: raju Machova (LIB FinAcct User) Directory: /users/cz/182/machovp Shell: /usr/bin/ksh Never... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Does there exist a UNIX command to prevent docs' versions from uncontrolled erasing on logging in?

So far nobody on ASC, nor anywhere was able to respond to my issue and Google wasn't much of help either. I started to experience the issue some time ago: my OS is Lion 10.7.5. It occurs in all apps that have the function of versioning (iWork which I have updated up to v9.2, namely, Pages 4.2,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
0 Replies
sulog(4)							   File Formats 							  sulog(4)

NAME
sulog - su command log file SYNOPSIS
/var/adm/sulog DESCRIPTION
The sulog file is a record of all attempts by users on the system to execute the su(1M) command. Each time su(1M) is executed, an entry is added to the sulog file. Each entry in the sulog file is a single line of the form: SU date time result port user-newuser where date The month and date su(1M) was executed. date is displayed in the form mm/dd where mm is the month number and dd is the day number in the month. time The time su(1M) was executed. time is displayed in the form HH/MM where HH is the hour number (24 hour system) and MM is the minute number. result The result of the su(1M) command. A ` + ' sign is displayed in this field if the su attempt was successful; otherwise a ` - ' sign is displayed. port The name of the terminal device from which su(1M) was executed. user The user id of the user executing the su(1M) command. newuser The user id being switched to with su(1M). EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample sulog file. Here is a sample sulog file: SU 02/25 09:29 + console root-sys SU 02/25 09:32 + pts/3 user1-root SU 03/02 08:03 + pts/5 user1-root SU 03/03 08:19 + pts/5 user1-root SU 03/09 14:24 - pts/5 guest3-root SU 03/09 14:24 - pts/5 guest3-root SU 03/14 08:31 + pts/4 user1-root FILES
/var/adm/sulog su log file /etc/default/su contains the default location of sulog SEE ALSO
su(1M) SunOS 5.11 6 Jun 1994 sulog(4)