Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cygwin errors
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin errors Post 302707705 by pamu on Saturday 29th of September 2012 01:27:55 PM
Old 09-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsy5
I'm using notepad++.
I find though that every time I edit the script I have to run the dos2unix again. Is there any way to permanently keep it converted to Unix format?
I am also use Notepad++. but never got carriage return...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about cygwin

hi everyone. i have a problem on installing binary file in my cygwin. could anyone help me wat command should i use to install it ? thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wins1982
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

4. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin - sh-3.2$ help!

i am completely new to unix and am trying to learn with cygwin. my problem is simple.... when i use the 'man' command, eg 'man cat' id do not know how to get out of the manual!!!? if i type '!' and Return, rather than having just the $ prompt, it has 'sh-3.2$' as a command prompt.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby999
1 Replies

7. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin Errors: Yaml Configuration issues

Hi everyone! Hope all of you will be fine. I am new to this forum. Well, I am trying to configure yaml-0.1.4 in cygwin on Windows 7. I have written the following command: *******/tmp/yaml-0.1.4 $ ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install and the following error appeared. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imdalucky1
3 Replies
pilot-read-notepad(1)						    PILOT-LINK						     pilot-read-notepad(1)

NAME
pilot-read-notepad - List the record information found in the Palm Notepad SECTION
pilot-link: Userland conduits SYNOPSIS
pilot-read-notepad [-p|--port <port>] [-q|--quiet] [--version] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-l|--list] [-t|--type ppm|png] DESCRIPTION
Connect to the Palm handheld and list the record information found in the Palm Notepad application (found on OS4 and newer devices). If --type is specified, each record's image will be converted to files, using Portable Network Graphic (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) for- mat. pilot-read-notepad allows a user running PalmOS 4.0 or later to read the data stored in the Palm Notepad application and extract the data into images and convert them to Portable Network Graphics (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) files. OPTIONS
pilot-read-notepad options -l, --list List picture information found on the device instead of converting them to image files. -t, --type type Specify the output picture type. Can be either "png" or "ppm". Conduit Options -p, --port port Use device file <port> to communicate with the Palm handheld. If this is not specified, pilot-read-notepad will look for the $PILOTPORT environment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-read-notepad will print the usage information. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-read-notepad and exit without connecting. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-read-notepad and exit without connecting. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. USAGE
The program will connect to the target Palm handheld, and list or convert the records and images found in the Palm Notepad application to Portable Network Graphic (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) files. AUTHOR
pilot-read-notepad was originally written by Angus Ainslie <angusa@deltatee.com>. This manual page was converted to XML by Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> REPORTING BUGS
We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
pilot-link(7) 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-read-notepad(1)