Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris user initialization like issue - descriptors Post 302707655 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 29th of September 2012 08:44:23 AM
Old 09-29-2012
Is there a ulimit statement in places like .profile or /etc/profile?
Code:
su - dbuser

What does
Code:
ulimit -a
prctl $$

show?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Struct Initialization

Hi We are using a code generator for initializing structures with the #define macro. Compiling it with the GCC 2.8.1 (with -ansi) it OK. But when we are using the SUN C 5.0 compiler it screams. Following is a code sample: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> typedef struct TEST3 {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help regarding storing the initialization parameters

Hi all, In my shell script, I am reading some files, processing them, and writing the out-put in the log files. The out put contains number of rows in the file etc. I want to fetch the input files from a particular directory and I want to write the logs in a particular directory with a particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VENC22
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell initialization files

As you know, when a user logs in, the shell reads the initialization files in an order something like below... ################### Bourne Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.profile Bash Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.bash_profile > $HOME/.bash_login > $HOME/.profile > $HOME/.bashrc C Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

4. Programming

Char initialization

Hi All, char a="\0"; a) a contains \0 a contains garbage value b) a contains \ a contains 0 a contains garbage value Pls, let me know correct result is a or b. I guess a. Thanks, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

little confusion about variable initialization.

Whenever i execute the below scriptlet with out proper file name it deletes /tmp directory . I guess this is because value of variable a didnt get initialized and there for rm -rf /tmp/ get executed and entire /tmp directory get deleted. How would i avoid any empty variables to be used in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Declaring variables without initialization

I get an error in my shell script that line 1: )unexpected. Line 1 in my script (using sh by the way) is the variable I declared but did not initialize it. result= Is this wrong? How can I fix it? I am using the variable later in the program, so I figured I could just declare it first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Initialization error

new to shell scripting. below line is showing error in script. ${parameter:=word} in the o/p first it shows the below error. word: not found. and then in next line print "word" ---------------- p2: word: not found. word --------------------------- OS is AIX and shell is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
12 Replies

8. Programming

C- static initialization of structures

Situation: I have an array of structures: struct my_struct_type { char tags_sn; char group_c; char is_err_c; }; struct my_struct_type stuff = { "abcd", 'A', 'E', "efgh", 'B', 'E', "ijkl", 'C', 'E' NULL, '\0', '\0' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: garysk
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable initialization

Hallo Team, I have a simple request and i would appreciate your help. I would like to use two dates in my script lets: A=$(date +"%d %B %Y") echo $A 23 June 2014 That's awesome now we cooking. Now i want B to be on the previous month eg: echo $B Should give me 23 May 2014 I would... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Hi , I was invoking a sh file using the nohup command. But while invoking, I received a below error. Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library: /u01/libjava.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory . Could you please help out. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamal1108
2 Replies
projects(1)							   User Commands						       projects(1)

NAME
projects - print project membership of user SYNOPSIS
projects [-dv] [ user] projects -l [projectname [projectname...]] DESCRIPTION
The projects command prints on standard output the projects to which the invoking user or an optionally specified user belongs. Each user belongs to some set of projects specified in the project(4) file and possibly in the associated NIS maps and LDAP databases for project information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Prints only default project. -l Prints verbose info on each project projectname. If no projectnames are given, info on all projects is printed. -v Prints project descriptions along with project names. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: projectnaDisplay information for the specified project. user Displays project memberships for the specified user. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Membership for a Specified User example$ projects paul default beatles wings example$ projects ringo default beatles example$ projects -d paul beatles EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 A fatal error occurred during execution. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. FILES
/etc/project Local database containing valid project definitions for this machine. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The human-readable output is Unstable. SEE ALSO
getdefaultproj(3PROJECT), getprojent(3PROJECT), project(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 May 2004 projects(1)