Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clear cache memory
Operating Systems Solaris clear cache memory Post 302707611 by maxim42 on Saturday 29th of September 2012 05:04:17 AM
Old 09-29-2012
clear cache memory

hi all,

i have noticed that my server has 64 GB RAM and i have application in this server but the server has free memory only 15% and utilized 85% however it didn't eat from swap .

does any parameter can be configured in kernel to make the system clear memory from cache like linux

i found this command for linux and it worked it free the memory in redhat i want something like this in solaris ?

Code:
sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Clearing of cache memory

Pls! will someone help me on how to clear my cache memory of my Internet browser Thanks Kayode (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

clear memory

Hi... how can i clear the Memory on AIX 4.3.3 without rebooting (like flush memory on oracle database ) THANX fenomen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenomen
2 Replies

3. SCO

Clear / Remove / Create Shared Memory...

Hi all... am not so much brilliant in this area... here i think many good hearted peoples around... so if anybody have intention to reply for my problem please give me a cut and clear picture of how... Thanks. ok comming to my problem... In our MHC server (Sco Unix 4.*) running 19 C process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yocks
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

High use of cache memory

Hi, I'm running a debian lenny 1GB ram, but with a high I/O. This server has 400IOPS and 3MB/s sustain. So, I noted cached memory use 800MB, buffered memory use 50MB, and no free memory is available. Questions: What does mean such a high cached memory? Who's using this cached memory? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

How do I clear RHEL3 Cache get allocation to RAM?

Hi I am running in Issue that my total system RAM is 8GB. If I run command free -m I get 6.0 Gb RAM free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 7554 5928 1626 0 123 4798 -/+ buffers 1006 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: osamamunir
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need to release Cache memory

Right now i am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 and cache memory occupying around 1.5GB mentioned below, total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 2026 2021 5 0 161 1477 -/+ buffers/cache: 382 1644 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thakshina
4 Replies

7. Programming

Ways to preserve a memory cache

The environment is Java/Windows. The program keeps near real-time state in memory cache, which is updated by multiple sources, size of the cache is roughly 500 MB, frequency of updates is ~ 20 per second. I am looking into different ways to keep current snapshot of the memory on the disk for a)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
9 Replies

8. Programming

Memory and cache access time discrepancy

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<sys/time.h> #include<time.h> #include "rdtsc.h" #define SIZE 4*64*1024 int main() { unsigned long long a,b; int arr={0}; int i; register int r; a=rdtsc(); r=arr; b=rdtsc(); printf("1st element Access Cycles = %llu\n",b-a); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhavs1985
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best ways to get clear info about CPU and Memory

Hello all i did search the web and found allot of answers but im confused what are the best ways to get this info via Linux default commands 1. current Cpu Usage in Percent 2. current Memory Usage In Bytes 3. current Memory Available In Bytes Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Instructions to Clear Data Cache in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera Browsers (Pictures)

Here are instructions to clear the data cache for four browsers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera. In these examples I'm using MacOS Mojave, but it should be similar for any OS. You can use these instructions to to clear and reload the cache if you have any issues with the Vue.js UserCP (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)