Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2 semicolons
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 2 semicolons Post 302707607 by elixir_sinari on Saturday 29th of September 2012 04:53:06 AM
Old 09-29-2012
Is this about the case construct?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding semicolons

Lets say I wanted to add a ; before the last 6 characters of my variable how would I do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern between 2 semicolons

I have logs which is having strings like below, errorMsg;; errorMsg;bad input; so I need to grep from logs file which searches for errorMsg followed by semicolon followed by any text and then ending again with semicolon. More importantly, I should not get errorMsg and having nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of last-semicolons in line with sed

Hello, I'm trying to remove an arbitrary number of semicolons at the end of each line in the input file. Input: 44;I;1000031;;;B;0137;0;;01.02.2008;03.02.2009;;;;;;;;;;;;;0028-101746;;; 45;I;1000031;;;B;0137;0;;01.02.2008;03.02.2009;;;;;;;;;;;;;0028-101746;;;;; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uioreanu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolons with tabulators, new lines are disappearing

Hi Gurus! Example file: 1;AAA;BBB 2;CCC;DDD We want to replace semicolons to tabulators. Like this: 1 AAA BBB 2 CCC DDD We have tried these codes. With PERL: #!/bin/bash for i in `find /folder1/ -name "*.CSV"` do bi="`basename $i awk -F"." {'print $1'}`" cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JanneN
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems removing files with semicolons in the filename

There are some 40 files created by accident with filenames with semicolons, as well as other non-printable characters. I can not find a correct way to delete them. This is what I tried: bash-2.03# ls bad|head -1 000025;001;1377795616; bash-2.03# rm "bad/000025;001;1377795616;???" rm:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing paragraph between semicolons having XXXX

Hello experts, I have below file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ; 7 8 9 10 XXXX 1 ; 2 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies
case(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   case(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
case - Evaluate one of several scripts, depending on a given value SYNOPSIS
case string ?in? patList body ?patList body ...? case string ?in? {patList body ?patList body ...?} _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Note: the case command is obsolete and is supported only for backward compatibility. At some point in the future it may be removed entirely. You should use the switch command instead. The case command matches string against each of the patList arguments in order. Each patList argument is a list of one or more patterns. If any of these patterns matches string then case evaluates the following body argument by passing it recursively to the Tcl interpreter and returns the result of that evaluation. Each patList argument consists of a single pattern or list of patterns. Each pattern may con- tain any of the wild-cards described under string match. If a patList argument is default, the corresponding body will be evaluated if no patList matches string. If no patList argument matches string and no default is given, then the case command returns an empty string. Two syntaxes are provided for the patList and body arguments. The first uses a separate argument for each of the patterns and commands; this form is convenient if substitutions are desired on some of the patterns or commands. The second form places all of the patterns and commands together into a single argument; the argument must have proper list structure, with the elements of the list being the patterns and commands. The second form makes it easy to construct multi-line case commands, since the braces around the whole list make it unneces- sary to include a backslash at the end of each line. Since the patList arguments are in braces in the second form, no command or variable substitutions are performed on them; this makes the behavior of the second form different than the first form in some cases. SEE ALSO
switch(n) KEYWORDS
case, match, regular expression Tcl 7.0 case(n)