Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2 semicolons
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 2 semicolons Post 302707601 by millsy5 on Saturday 29th of September 2012 04:42:23 AM
Old 09-29-2012
2 semicolons

Just wondering what 2 semicolons together after a command means

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding semicolons

Lets say I wanted to add a ; before the last 6 characters of my variable how would I do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern between 2 semicolons

I have logs which is having strings like below, errorMsg;; errorMsg;bad input; so I need to grep from logs file which searches for errorMsg followed by semicolon followed by any text and then ending again with semicolon. More importantly, I should not get errorMsg and having nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of last-semicolons in line with sed

Hello, I'm trying to remove an arbitrary number of semicolons at the end of each line in the input file. Input: 44;I;1000031;;;B;0137;0;;01.02.2008;03.02.2009;;;;;;;;;;;;;0028-101746;;; 45;I;1000031;;;B;0137;0;;01.02.2008;03.02.2009;;;;;;;;;;;;;0028-101746;;;;; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uioreanu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolons with tabulators, new lines are disappearing

Hi Gurus! Example file: 1;AAA;BBB 2;CCC;DDD We want to replace semicolons to tabulators. Like this: 1 AAA BBB 2 CCC DDD We have tried these codes. With PERL: #!/bin/bash for i in `find /folder1/ -name "*.CSV"` do bi="`basename $i awk -F"." {'print $1'}`" cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JanneN
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems removing files with semicolons in the filename

There are some 40 files created by accident with filenames with semicolons, as well as other non-printable characters. I can not find a correct way to delete them. This is what I tried: bash-2.03# ls bad|head -1 000025;001;1377795616; bash-2.03# rm "bad/000025;001;1377795616;???" rm:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing paragraph between semicolons having XXXX

Hello experts, I have below file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ; 7 8 9 10 XXXX 1 ; 2 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies
IPE(1)							      General Commands Manual							    IPE(1)

NAME
ipe - drawing editor for creating figures in PDF or EPS formats SYNOPSIS
ipe [ Qt options ] [ -sheet stylesheet ] filename DESCRIPTION
Ipe is a program that supports making small figures for inclusion into LaTeX documents as well as making multi-page PDF presentations. This manual page only documents the command line options and environment variables. Full documentation for using Ipe can be found in HTML and PDF format; see below. -sheet stylesheet add the Ipe style sheet in the indicated file to all newly created Ipe documents. This option can be used more than once. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Ipe respects the following environment variables: IPELATEXDIR the directory where Ipe runs Pdflatex. IPEFONTMAP the complete path of the font map, describing where Ipe can find the 14 standard PDF fonts. IPEANCIENTPDFTEX set this variable to use Pdftex versions older than 1.40. IPELETPATH a list of directories, separated by semicolons, containing ipelets. You can write a single underscore for the system-wide ipelet directory. If this variable is not set, the default consists of the system-wide ipelet directory, plus ~/.ipe/ipelets on Unix, plus ~/Library/Ipe/Ipelets on OS X. EDITOR external editor to use for editing text objects. IPESTYLES a list of directories, separated by semicolons, where Ipe looks for stylesheets. You can write a single underscore for the system-wide stylesheet directory. If this variable is not set, the default consists of the system-wide stylesheet directory, plus ~/.ipe/styles on Unix, plus ~/Library/Ipe/Styles on OS X. IPEDEBUG set this to 1 for debugging output. IPEDOCDIR the directory containing the Ipe documentation. IPEICONDIR directory containing icons for the Ipe user interface. IPELUAPATH path for searching for Ipe Lua code. AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs using Ipe bugzilla at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
Ipe is documented fully in The Ipe Manual, which is available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html . September 1, 2011 IPE(1)