Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk print pipe
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print pipe Post 302707341 by Corona688 on Friday 28th of September 2012 11:31:53 AM
Old 09-28-2012
Leave off 'infile' and awk will read from standard input instead.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get awk to print a " in it's print part?

The line is simple, use " '{ print $1"]"$2"\"$3THE " NEEDS TO GO HERE$4 }' I've tried \", "\, ^" and '"" but none of it works. What am I missing? Putting in the [ between $1 and $2 works fine, I just need to do the same with a ". Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it better to grep and pipe to awk, or to seach with awk itself

This may just be a lack of experience talking, but I always assumed that when possible it was better to use a commands built in abilities rather than to pipe to a bunch of commands. I wrote a (very simple) script a while back that was meant to pull out a certain error code, and report back what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep pipe filename print issue

uname -a SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_141414-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T2000 uname -a SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_144488-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 find . -name "*.cer" -exec keytool -v -list -printcert -file {} \; | grep -i "Aug 03" Valid from: Mon Jan 29 00:00:00 GMT... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe to awk to variable

Hi! If I'm trying something like: echo "hello world" | myvar=`awk -F "world" '{print $1}'` echo $myvar myvar is always empty :confused: I googled for houres now and don't understand why it isn't working... Trying it in normal bash. Can someone explain it to me so I can say "Of course!... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
8 Replies

5. Programming

print all nonempty pipe

I am trying to write a shell script for Linux to print the names of all non empty pipes in the current directory? any help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with sed or awk with less pipe

<tr><th align=right valign=top>Faulty_Part</th><td align=left valign=top>readhat version 6.0</td></tr> <tr><th align=right valign=top>Submit_Date</th><td align=left valign=top>2011-04-28 02:08:02</td></tr> .......(a long string) I want to get all the field between "left valign=top>" and "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BOTH pipe and file(s) into awk

Hello all, quick question: is it possible to pass input into AWK BOTH with a pipe AND a file at the same time, something like this: command .......|awk '.................' FILEIN > fileout All I read says either one or the other, not both, is it at all possible? And how would the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use less pipe for grep or awk sed to print the line not include xx yy zz

cat file |grep -v "xx" | grep -v "yy" |grep -v "zz" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pipe to sort

In the below awk to add a sort by smallest to largest should it be added after the END? Thank you :). BEGIN { FS="*" } # Read search terms from file1 into 's' FNR==NR { s next } { # Check if $5 matches one of the search terms for(i in s) { if($5 ~ i) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Print Date when Broken Pipe happens

Hi all, as i have multiple broken pipes on ssh sessions, i need to find out after how much time it happens, ssh root@testServer root@testServer's password: ssh:notty Last login: Thu Apr 6 06:41:16 2017 from 10.10.10.2 # but when broke pipe happen i don't have any idea after how much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies
vistat(1Vi)															       vistat(1Vi)

NAME
vistat - report image statistics SYNOPSIS
vistat [-option ...] [infile ...] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
vistat reports the minimum, maximum, mean, and standard deviation of the pixel values in its input images. The measurements are reported in the form of a Vista data file containing one statistics attribute per image measured. Each statistics attribute, in turn, contains min, max, mean, and std_dev attributes reporting individual measurements. It also contains a name attribute if the corresponding image has one. Because these attribute have no binary data associated with them the program's output can be viewed directly at a terminal. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
vistat accepts the following options: -help Prints a message describing options. -in infile Specifies a Vista data file containing the input images. -out outfile Specifies where to write the output statistics as a Vista data file. Input and output files can be specified on the command line or allowed to default to the standard input and output streams. SEE ALSO
VImageStats(3Vi), VImage(3Vi), Vfile(5Vi), Vista(7Vi) AUTHOR
Art Pope <pope@cs.ubc.ca> Vista Version 1.12 24 April 1993 vistat(1Vi)