Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filename rename with characters of file Post 302707229 by sianm on Friday 28th of September 2012 07:55:59 AM
Old 09-28-2012
That's perfect.

Thanks for your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename file based on first 3 characters of data in file

I'm looking to determine if I can use a grep command to read file and rename the file based on the first 3 characters of the data in the file. An example is: Read FileA If the first 3 positions of the data in the file are "ITP", then rename the file as FileA_ITP, else if the first 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jchappel
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple filename.45267.txt to >> filename.txt

i have several thousand files and in subdirs that are named file.46634.txt budget.75346.pdf etc i want to remove the number but retain the extension. it is always a 5 digit. thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and rename the filename

Hi All, Can you please help me. The situation is like this. There are many different file name in this directory. I have to grep all the file that the name start with "PTWO" and rename it to COM with the current date. This is the script that I have done and it hit an... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: badbunny9316
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rename a filename in a directory?

Hi, I've got a large to task to do, which I've broken into three section. I'm just stuck on one of the sections. I have to change the end of a filename from .txt to .doc in a directory. So if I have a directory called "folder1" and two files contained in it called "file1.txt" and "file2.txt",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeddyP
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename filename

Hi, I am pretty new to this. I have a condition where in I want to replace all files within a folder. All filenames with character "abc" would need to replaced with "xyz". eg: helloabcworld-->helloxyzworld helloworld-->helloworld ... ... Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakets_2000
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file rename (change in filename in unix with single command

Dear All, Please help ! i ham having 300 file with E.G. PMC1_4567.arc in seq. like PMC1_4568.arc,PMC1_4569.arc ...n and so on.. i want all those file to be rename like PMC_4567.arc ,PMC_4568.arc .. mean i want to remove 1 from first file name .. pls help.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moon_22
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename FileName in the Directory

In the Directory all the Files are following format. Filename_yyyymmdd_numbers.txt eg. file_name_20120106_015802.txt . I want to write the Shell script to rename all the file to file_name.txt.in the directory. Thanks Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the last 15 characters of a filename with respect to leave file extension

how can i remove numbers of characters from the last name of file with respect to not remove the files extension example VFX_Official_Trailer_(HD)__Shhh__-_by_Freddy_Chavez_Olmos_&_Shervin_Shoghian-.mp4 i want to rename this to VFX-Official-Trailer-(HD)-Shhh... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ateya
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rename File Name with Special Characters

I am trying to rename files with spaces and other characters and not able to be successful. FileNames: UPLOAD REFERENCE.xls UPLOAD MASS REFERENCE.XLS find /UPLOAD REFERENCE/ -depth -type f -name "* *" -exec rename " " "_" "{}" ";" The above one is successful to replace spaces... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eskay
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename first N numeric strings in filename

Hello, I have some video files containing numbers and characters . To tell the problem shortly, due to a limitation, I am unable create a playlist regularly changing on a daily basis with the command shuffle....So I decided to rename filenames, just a replacement of first five numbers randomly.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies
IAC(1)							       PolyORB documentation							    IAC(1)

NAME
iac - PolyORB's IDL-to-Ada compiler SYNOPSIS
iac opts file [-cppargs args] DESCRIPTION
iac is an IDL-to-Ada compiler, compliant with version 1.2 of the "Ada Language Mapping Specification" produced by the OMG. OPTIONS
iac accepts the following options: -E Preprocess only. -k Keep temporary files. -p Produce source on standard output. -o DIR Specify output directory. -dm Generate debug messages when analyzing scopes -df Dump the frontend tree (the IDL tree) -cppargs ARGS Pass ARGS to the C++ preprocessor. -I dir Shortcut for -cppargs -I dir. -nocpp Do not preprocess input -<lang> Generate code for a supported language types Generate a list of all types present in the IDL file -p Print the list generate ada Generate Ada source code -i Generate implementation template. -c Generate client side code. -s Generate server side code. -d Generate delegation package. (defunct) -ir Generate code for interface repository.(defunct) -noir Don't generate code for interface repository (default). -hc Using perfect minimal hash tables in skeletons and minimize CPU time -hm Using perfect minimal hash tables in skeletons and minimize memory space -rs Use the SII/SSI to handle requests -rd Use the DII/DSI to handle requests (default) -da Dump the Ada tree -db Generate only the package bodies -ds Generate only the package specs -dw Output the withed entities -dt Output tree warnings -di Generate code for imported entities idl Dump parsed IDL file -b n Base to output integer literal As a default (zero) use base from input -e Expand IDL Tree -df Dump IDL Tree (may be used in conjunction with -e to dump the expanded IDL tree) -di Output IDL code of imported entities (may be used in conjunction with -e to output the expanded IDL code) EXIT STATUS
iac returns one of the following values upon exit: 0 Successful completion 1 Usage error 2 Illegal IDL specification AUTHORS
The PolyORB team, polyorb-devel@lists.adacore.com. SEE ALSO
The PolyORB WWW page, http://libre.adacore.com/polyorb/ PolyORB team April 26, 2007 IAC(1)