Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mapped reads using samtools flagstat options Post 302707043 by @man on Friday 28th of September 2012 06:27:54 AM
Old 09-28-2012
mapped reads using samtools flagstat options

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to calculate total number of mapped reads for a certain region of a bam file using samtools flagstat?
I know to use flagstat for the whole bam file. but for a specific region of it... is there an option?

Tnx

---------- Post updated at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:50 AM ----------

Oh I just realized that the tool was "samtools view" which is able to calculate the mapped reads of a certain region of a given bam file.

But I don't know how to do it yet; and which options should I use.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to access mapped dirve in Linux

i want to access mounted/mapped drive in linux using C code is it possible to access the mapped drive in linux using C code ? waiting for replay NIrav (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Virtual Machine and Mapped Raw LUN's

Hello, I have a server running CentOS 5.1 on a virtual machine. Right now, there is one virtual disk on the system. Below are the result when I run the df commmand: Filesystem.....1K-blocks.........Used.....Available....Use%.....Mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kennyw1000
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapped list replacement

Hi to all. I've looked for this, and haven't found it, but please pardon me if I've overlooked something. I'm trying to come up with a relatively simple command line search and replace from and to which I can easily pipe. In particular, let's suppose there are 2 lists, A and B. If a string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Mapped Drive

We are running SCO OpenServer 5.0.7. Some of my users have drives mapped to the SCO box, some don't. The consultant, who setup the mapped drives, is long gone, and I need more users to have drive letter mapping. When I try to map a drive via windows, I am repeatedly asked for a user/password,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bnhcomputing
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux: Access time of mapped data

Before I forget, I'm running on a RedHat 5 box with the following uname -a output: Linux gnc141c 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Now on to my question. I'm using a tool that maps a Matlab .mat file using the Linux mmap functionality and then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rusttree
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Unexpected mapped volume in Solaris 10

Hi everybody, I'm facing a little trouble with my system. I have a SPARC M4000 server, which connected to a SAN with 2 Brocade 300 Switches and 1 STK 6140. The M4000 has 2 FC HBA cards, one port per card. Each card connect to one switch as follows... ____________M4000____________ ___FC-HBA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nam.nguyen
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between buffered disk reads and cached reads?

I was analyzing the Disk read using hdparm utility. This is what i got as a result. # hdparm -t /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing buffered disk reads: 108 MB in 3.04 seconds = 35.51 MB/sec # hdparm -T /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing cached reads: 3496 MB in 1.99 seconds = 1756.56 MB/sec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. AIX

how will i know if a lun has been already mapped to a vio client

Hi im logged in to the vio servers now. when i give # lspv | wc -l i get the count as 6246 how will i know if a lun has been already mapped to a vio client or it is left free without mapping to any of the vio client ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Crontab not generating file in mapped drive in windows

Dear Experts, I've schedule scripts with the help of Cronjob, and output should be generated on windows mapped drive, Earlier 2 days its was working fine and now my cronjob is not generating file on windows network drive. Please suggest. Linux details given below. $ tail... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Fareed
9 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools - a run wrapper for the samtools suite *BETA* SYNOPSIS
# convert a sam to a bam $samt = Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools( -command => 'view', -sam_input => 1, -bam_output => 1 ); $samt->run( -bam => "mysam.sam", -out => "mysam.bam" ); # sort it $samt = Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools( -command => 'sort' ); $samt->run( -bam => "mysam.bam", -pfx => "mysam.srt" ); # now create an assembly $assy = Bio::IO::Assembly->new( -file => "mysam.srt.bam", -refdb => "myref.fas" ); DESCRIPTION
This is a wrapper for running samtools, a suite of large-alignment reading and manipulation programs available at <http://samtools.sourceforge.net/>. RUNNING COMMANDS
To run a "samtools" command, construct a run factory, specifying the desired command using the "-command" argument in the factory constructor, along with options specific to that command (see "OPTIONS"): $samt = Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools->new( -command => 'view', -sam_input => 1, -bam_output => 1); To execute, use the "run()" method. Input and output files are specified in the arguments of "run()" (see "FILES"): $samt->run( -bam => "mysam.sam", -out => "mysam.bam" ); OPTIONS
"samtools" is complex, with many subprograms (commands) and command-line options and file specs for each. This module attempts to provide commands and options comprehensively. You can browse the choices like so: $samt = Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools->new( -command => 'pileup' ); # all samtools commands @all_commands = $samt->available_parameters('commands'); @all_commands = $samt->available_commands; # alias # just for pileup @pup_params = $samt->available_parameters('params'); @pup_switches = $samt->available_parameters('switches'); @pup_all_options = $samt->available_parameters(); Reasonably mnemonic names have been assigned to the single-letter command line options. These are the names returned by "available_parameters", and can be used in the factory constructor like typical BioPerl named parameters. See <http://samtools.sourceforge.net/samtools.shtml> for the gory details. FILES
When a command requires filenames, these are provided to the "run()" method, not the constructor ("new()"). To see the set of files required by a command, use "available_parameters('filespec')" or the alias "filespec()": $samt = Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools->new( -command => 'view' ); @filespec = $samt->filespec; This example returns the following array: bam >out This indicates that the bam/sam file (bam) and the output file (out) MUST be specified in the "run()" argument list: $samt->run( -bam => 'mysam.sam', -out => 'mysam.cvt' ); If files are not specified per the filespec, text sent to STDOUT and STDERR is saved and is accessible with "$bwafac-"stdout()> and "$bwafac-"stderr()>. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Mark A. Jensen Email maj -at- fortinbras -dot- us APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = new Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools object Returns : an instance of Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools Args : perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::Samtools(3pm)