Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying sed to only change last occurrence. Post 302706805 by D2K on Thursday 27th of September 2012 11:46:18 AM
Old 09-27-2012
Thanks everybody for the help! I checked out 'ed' and learned some new tools to use. I ended up attacking the problem from a different point of view (more creative but it works the way I need it to). Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for the same occurrence or maybe Sed

Hi, I have a file that looks like this dasdjasdjoasjdoasjdoa SYN dakspodkapsdka asdasdasdasdasdasdasd SYN sdfsdfsdfsdfdf shfishifhsdifhsidhfif fsdfsdfsdfsdfs sdfsdfsdfsdsdfsdfsdff cercercercerce sdasdajsdoajsodasodoo FIN dasdaskdpasdda... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replace string by occurrence

hi all, I have a text file with following content PAGENUMBER asasasa asasasa PAGENUMBER sasasasasa PAGENUMBER using sed i want to replace PAGENUMBER by occurrence count eg 1 asasasa asasasa 2 sasasasasa 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to substitute first occurrence

I am trying to get rid of some ending tags but I run into some problems. Ex. How are you?</EndTag><Begin>It is fine.</Begin><New> Just about I am trying to get rid of the ending tags, starts with </ and ending with >. (which is </EndTag> and </Begin>) I tried the following sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quixoticking11
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change home directory by modifying passwd

hi How can I change the home directory of a user without using usermod -d command? ( by modifying /etc/passwd) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

force to change password(by modifying /etc/shadow)

hi by modifying /etc/shadow how can I Force a change of password so that user has at least 1 week to login? I did it by using: echo "enter username to force password change" read user; chage -M 7 $user; How can I do it by modifying /etc/shadow?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a file using SED

Dear Members, I have a file which contains data as shown below: LOAD DATA APPEND INTO TABLE xxap.test ( RAW_DATA char(3000) "replace(:raw_data,'*','|')", LOADING_SEQUENCE "xx_gl_bank_fee_s1.nextval", CREATION_DATE SYSDATE, LAST_UPDATE_DATE SYSDATE, ATTRIBUTE1 "DATE_STAMP", ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed diffrent replace by occurrence

I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I hope you could help me. I need to change something like the following: something/bla/aaaa anything/bbb to: something --bla ----aaaa anything --bbb How do I do this? Is it possible with sed? I tried various patterns, but don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patwan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed, last occurrence

How to find last occurrence of a keyword in a file using sed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitution in first occurrence with sed

I have the following script: sed '/string1/,/string2/!d' infile I want to apply the script to the first occurrence only. I have tried sed '0,/string1/,/string2/!d' infile Of course, that does not work Any help will be greatly appreciated (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print from last occurrence match until the end of last occurrence match

Hi, i have file file.txt with data like: START 03:11:30 a 03:11:40 b END START 03:13:30 eee 03:13:35 fff END jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj START 03:14:30 eee 03:15:30 fff END ggggggggggg iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I want the below output START (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jyotshna
13 Replies
VWRIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual							VWRIGHT(1)

NAME
vwright - normalize a RADIANCE view, shift it to the right SYNOPSIS
vwright [ view options ] distance vwright [ view options ] name DESCRIPTION
In the first form, vwright shifts a RADIANCE view the specified distance to the right, putting out a complete set of view parameters in a single line on the standard output. This utility is most often used to compute a right-eyed view from a left-eye view for stereo imaging. If no options are specified on the command line, vwright reads a view from its standard input. The distance given is in world coordinate units. A negative value indicates a shift to the left rather than the right. The second form substitutes a name prefix in place of the shift distance, and produces constant assignments on the standard output suitable for passing directly to rcalc(1). For a given prefix N, the constant names are as follows: Nt: view type ('v'==1,'l'==2,'a'==3,'h'==4,'c'==5,'s'==6) Npx: view point x value Npy: view point y value Npz: view point z value Ndx: view direction x value (normalized) Ndy: view direction y value (normalized) Ndz: view direction z value (normalized) Nd: view focal distance Nux: view up vector x value (normalized) Nuy: view up vector y value (normalized) Nuz: view up vector z value (normalized) Nh: view horizontal size Nv: view vertical size Ns: view shift Nl: view lift No: view fore clipping distance Na: view aft clipping distance Nhx: derived horizontal image vector x value (normalized) Nhy: derived horizontal image vector y value (normalized) Nhz: derived horizontal image vector z value (normalized) Nhn: derived horizontal image vector multiplier Nvx: derived vertical image vector x value (normalized) Nvy: derived vertical image vector y value (normalized) Nvz: derived vertical image vector z value (normalized) Nvn: derived vertical image vector multiplier EXAMPLES
To start rpict(1) on a view .06 meters left of the view in the file "right.vf": rpict `vwright -.06 < right.vf` scene.oct > right.hdr & To move the rad(1) view named "left" 2.5 inches to the right and render from there: rad -v "right `rad -n -s -V -v left examp.rif | vwright 2.5`" examp.rif & To pass a view to rcalc for conversion to some other view: rcalc -n -e `vwright orig < orig.vf` -f viewmod.cal -o view.fmt > new.vf AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
pdfblur(1), rad(1), rcalc(1), rpict(1), rvu(1) RADIANCE
8/29/96 VWRIGHT(1)