Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find out the failed disk
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Find out the failed disk Post 302705615 by Naveen.6025 on Tuesday 25th of September 2012 09:13:00 AM
Old 09-25-2012
#hpacucli ctrl all show config execute as root.

this will clearly show the status of the disks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi Disk Failed

My WS boot disk has failed so when i want to boot system (by OK boot -s or Ok boot disk0 ) i get these mesgs: disk read error boot :can not find misc/sparc9v/krtld boot:error loading interperetor (misc/sparc9v/krtld) Elf64 read error. boot failed. although it's probed ,finally i try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How can we confirm that, the disk has failed in Solaris?

Hi All, Seems to be one of the disk has failed on my Solaris server. How do i confirm that disk has really failed or not? Here are alert details. ------- iostat -En out/put c1t3d0 Soft Errors: 1884 Hard Errors: 153 Transport Errors: 54 Vendor: FUJITSU Product:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh Kommina
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to replace failed disk?

Dear all Please can any one explain me how to replace failed disk in Solaris 10. Please tell me the step by step procedure. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Cannot remove and replace failed disk

-bash-3.00# zpool detach zonepool c1t1d0 cannot detach c1t1d0: only applicable to mirror and replacing vdevs -bash-3.00# zpool remove zonepool c1t1d0 cannot remove c1t1d0: only inactive hot spares, cache, top-level, or log devices can be removed -bash-3.00# zpool offline zonepool c1t1d0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
3 Replies

5. Boot Loaders

read sectors from disk failed with timeout

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
0 Replies

6. Linux

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

0 Replies

8. Solaris

Recover failed system disk

I have an oldish Solaris 10 system (SunFire x4240), which due to a recent heating event in the server room, lost it's system disk. I have rsync backups of all the other (data) disks, but apparently I do not have a backup of /. :-( I can start the machine up in failsafe mode, but running fsck on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jj5406
4 Replies

9. AIX

Failed Disk,unable to varyonvg

Iam new to AIX I am unable varyonvg on the vios,some of the disk are reported as harware failure. I am going to replace the disk,Please tell me how to remove the disk without any corruption in the VG lspv -l hdiskx also didn't work (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roayaix
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Replacing a failed disk using SVM

Hi Please can you help me on replacing or removing a faulty disk drive on a SUN NETRA X4250server with 4 internal drives only. the format comand show me the following: format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <drive type unknown> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
9 Replies
hdio(7I)							  Ioctl Requests							  hdio(7I)

NAME
hdio - SMD and IPI disk control operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hdio.h> DESCRIPTION
Note - The SMC and IPI drivers have been discontinued. dkio(7I) is now the preferred method for retrieving disk information. The SMD and IPI disk drivers supplied with this release support a set of ioctl(2) requests for diagnostics and bad sector information. Basic to these ioctl() requests are the definitions in <sys/hdio.h>. IOCTLS
HDKIOCGTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() gets specific information from the hard disk. HDKIOCSTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() sets specific information about the hard disk. /* * Used for drive info */ struct hdk_type { ushort_t hdkt_hsect; /* hard sector count (read only) */ ushort_t hdkt_promrev; /* prom revision (read only) */ uchar_t hdkt_drtype; /* drive type (ctlr specific) */ uchar_t hdkt_drstat; /* drive status (ctlr specific, ro) */ }; HDKIOCGBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to get the bad sector map from the disk. HDKIOCSBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to set the bad sector map on the disk. /* * Used for bad sector map */ struct hdk_badmap { caddr_t hdkb_bufaddr; /* address of user's map buffer */ }; HDKIOCGDIAG The argument is a pointer to a hdk_diag structure (described below). This ioctl() gets the most recent command that failed along with the sector and error number from the hard disk. /* * Used for disk diagnostics */ struct hdk_diag { ushort_t hdkd_errcmd; /* most recent command in error */ daddr_t hdkd_errsect; /* most recent sector in error */ uchar_t hdkd_errno; /* most recent error number */ uchar_t hdkd_severe; /* severity of most recent error */ }; SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 2002 hdio(7I)