Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cut delimiter and save
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut delimiter and save Post 302704739 by garfish on Sunday 23rd of September 2012 01:45:17 AM
Old 09-23-2012
thanks for the fast reply. didn't work. what's temp by the way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

\r as delimiter in cut

I need to use \r as a delimiter in the -d option of the cut comand . Any help ? Thanks in advance . SD (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Number which appear before a delimiter

Hi All, How can i use the cut option to only output the number of rows, which is 2 is this case ? Pls note that the number of digit before the delimiter ":" is always varying. $ grep -n uuu xxx 2:** xxx yyy gg 44 tt uuu 2007 $ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut but include delimiter at end

Can someone please tell me how to do this... input file - /etc/group: wheel:*:0:root,timber daemon:*:1: mysql:*:88: ...etc... giants:*:1001:dalton,bandit dalton:*:1002: bandit:*:1003: output file (my goal): giants:*:1001: dalton:*:1002: bandit:*:1003:I've come up with this: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lewcifer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Using Cut With A Space Delimiter

I am trying to extract 'postmaster' from the following string: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN using the following command: cat /usr/share/assp/assp.cfg | grep ^PenaltyError:= | cut -d '@' -f1 | cut -f8 but it returns: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use a word as a delimiter with cut

Is there a way to use a word as a delimiter with cut? Or is there a way to use sed or awk with a word as a delimiter? I don't care which program I use for a delimiter I just want to use a word as a delimiter. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut -d with more than 1 delimiter?

I need to cut or otherwise get the 4th and 5th position output of for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done example output is: h;13;1310318701;443;93 I only need ";443;93" from any given run of "for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done" Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut columns with delimiter

HI, I have a file like below "103865","103835","Zming","","Zhu","103965","Sunnyvale","US", "116228","116227","Morlla","","Kowalski","113228","Paese "(Treviso)""IT" I want to validate the 7th column which is below. "Sunnyvale" "Paese In the above 7th column Paese is not ended with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut all string after the last delimiter?

hi all, suppose a string: abc/def/ghi/jkl/mn.txt and i want to get the file name without the path. however, different files have different paths, therefore the number of delimiter is uncertain. thanks so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut cmd with delimiter as |#|

Hi All- We have a file data as below with delimiter as |#| 10|#|20|#|ABC 13|#|23|#|PBC If I want to cut the 2nd field out of this, below command is not working as multiple pipe is causing an issue , it seems cut -f2 -d"|#|" <file_name> can you please help to provide the correct command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
7 Replies
SDL_PixelFormat(3)						 SDL API Reference						SDL_PixelFormat(3)

NAME
SDL_PixelFormat - Stores surface format information STRUCTURE DEFINITION
typedef struct SDL_PixelFormat { SDL_Palette *palette; Uint8 BitsPerPixel; Uint8 BytesPerPixel; Uint8 Rloss, Gloss, Bloss, Aloss; Uint8 Rshift, Gshift, Bshift, Ashift; Uint32 Rmask, Gmask, Bmask, Amask; Uint32 colorkey; Uint8 alpha; } SDL_PixelFormat; STRUCTURE DATA
palette Pointer to the palette, or NULL if the BitsPerPixel>8 BitsPerPixel The number of bits used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually 8, 16, 24 or 32. BytesPerPixel The number of bytes used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually one to four. [RGBA]mask Binary mask used to retrieve individual color values [RGBA]loss Precision loss of each color component (2^[RGBA]loss) [RGBA]shift Binary left shift of each color component in the pixel value colorkey Pixel value of transparent pixels alpha Overall surface alpha value DESCRIPTION
A SDL_PixelFormat describes the format of the pixel data stored at the pixels field of a SDL_Surface. Every surface stores a SDL_PixelFor- mat in the format field. If you wish to do pixel level modifications on a surface, then understanding how SDL stores its color information is essential. 8-bit pixel formats are the easiest to understand. Since its an 8-bit format, we have 8 BitsPerPixel and 1 BytesPerPixel. Since BytesPer- Pixel is 1, all pixels are represented by a Uint8 which contains an index into palette->colors. So, to determine the color of a pixel in a 8-bit surface: we read the color index from surface->pixels and we use that index to read the SDL_Color structure from surface->for- mat->palette->colors. Like so: SDL_Surface *surface; SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Color *color; Uint8 index; . . /* Create surface */ . . fmt=surface->format; /* Check the bitdepth of the surface */ if(fmt->BitsPerPixel!=8){ fprintf(stderr, "Not an 8-bit surface. "); return(-1); } /* Lock the surface */ SDL_LockSurface(surface); /* Get the topleft pixel */ index=*(Uint8 *)surface->pixels; color=fmt->palette->colors[index]; /* Unlock the surface */ SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); printf("Pixel Color-> Red: %d, Green: %d, Blue: %d. Index: %d ", color->r, color->g, color->b, index); . . Pixel formats above 8-bit are an entirely different experience. They are considered to be "TrueColor" formats and the color information is stored in the pixels themselves, not in a palette. The mask, shift and loss fields tell us how the color information is encoded. The mask fields allow us to isolate each color component, the shift fields tell us the number of bits to the right of each component in the pixel value and the loss fields tell us the number of bits lost from each component when packing 8-bit color component in a pixel. /* Extracting color components from a 32-bit color value */ SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Surface *surface; Uint32 temp, pixel; Uint8 red, green, blue, alpha; . . . fmt=surface->format; SDL_LockSurface(surface); pixel=*((Uint32*)surface->pixels); SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); /* Get Red component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Rmask; /* Isolate red component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Rshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Rloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ red=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Green component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Gmask; /* Isolate green component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Gshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Gloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ green=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Blue component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Bmask; /* Isolate blue component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Bshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Bloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ blue=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Alpha component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Amask; /* Isolate alpha component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Ashift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Aloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ alpha=(Uint8)temp; printf("Pixel Color -> R: %d, G: %d, B: %d, A: %d ", red, green, blue, alpha); . . . SEE ALSO
SDL_Surface, SDL_MapRGB SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:01 SDL_PixelFormat(3)