Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nth date
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users nth date Post 302704335 by lijjumathew on Friday 21st of September 2012 11:31:25 AM
Old 09-21-2012
Thanks Jim.
I need 50 days OLD/ BACK date from the last Friday.
I am trying to tweek the code. Let me know if you can.

Thanks for the help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date One Week Ago From Given Date, Not From Current Date

Hi all, I've used various scripts in the past to work out the date last week from the current date, however I now have a need to work out the date 1 week from a given date. So for example, if I have a date of the 23rd July 2010, I would like a script that can work out that one week back was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to find top Nth values in Nth column

I have an awk script to find the maximum value of the 2nd column of a 2 column datafile, but I need to find the top 5 maximum values of the 2nd column. Here is the script that works for the maximum value. awk 'BEGIN { subjectmax=$1 ; max=0} $2 >= max {subjectmax=$1 ; max=$2} END {print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating average for every Nth line in the Nth column

Is there an awk script that can easily perform the following operation? I have a data file that is in the format of 1944-12,5.6 1945-01,9.8 1945-02,6.7 1945-03,9.3 1945-04,5.9 1945-05,0.7 1945-06,0.0 1945-07,0.0 1945-08,0.0 1945-09,0.0 1945-10,0.2 1945-11,10.5 1945-12,22.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the nth column date as MM/DD/YYYY

Hi, I need some unix command to replace the following thing. cat test.dat 1234|test|8/19/2009|8/20/2009|test 1234|test|8/9/2009|8/21/2009|test 1234|test|8/1/2009|8/2/2009|test after processing 1234|test|08/19/2009|08/20/2009|test 1234|test|08/09/2009|08/21/2009|test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshaa
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Nth to last field

Hey, I'm sure this is answered somewhere but my Googling has turned up nothing. I have a file with data in the following format: <desription of event> at <time and date>The desription of the event is variable length and hence when the list is displayed it is hard to easily see the date (and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RECrerar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a value of Nth field of nth row

Using Awk, how can I achieve the following? I have set of record numbers, for which, I have to replace the nth field with some values, say spaces. Eg: Set of Records : 4,9,10,55,89,etc I have to change the 8th field of all the above set of records to spaces (10 spaces). Its a delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace nth to nth character?

Hi I got the following problem and I wonder if some could please help me out? I'd like to replace character 8 - 16 , 16 - 24 cat file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help changing date format in the nth field

Hi, I have two (2) things that I want to do. First is to change the date format that is in the nth field from MM/DD/YY to YY/MM/DD. Preferably, I wish I know how to make it a 4-digit year but I don't. Problem is I can only assume it is a 20 century Second is somehow know how to figure out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
ARRAY_UDIFF(3)								 1							    ARRAY_UDIFF(3)

array_udiff - Computes the difference of arrays by using a callback function for data comparison

SYNOPSIS
array array_udiff (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...], callable $value_compare_func) DESCRIPTION
Computes the difference of arrays by using a callback function for data comparison. This is unlike array_diff(3) which uses an internal function for comparing the data. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The first array. o $array2 - The second array. o $value_compare_func - The callback comparison function. The comparison function must return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if the first argument is considered to be respectively less than, equal to, or greater than the second. int callback (mixed $a, mixed $b) RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the values of $array1 that are not present in any of the other arguments. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_udiff(3) example using stdClass Objects <?php // Arrays to compare $array1 = array(new stdclass, new stdclass, new stdclass, new stdclass, ); $array2 = array( new stdclass, new stdclass, ); // Set some properties for each object $array1[0]->width = 11; $array1[0]->height = 3; $array1[1]->width = 7; $array1[1]->height = 1; $array1[2]->width = 2; $array1[2]->height = 9; $array1[3]->width = 5; $array1[3]->height = 7; $array2[0]->width = 7; $array2[0]->height = 5; $array2[1]->width = 9; $array2[1]->height = 2; function compare_by_area($a, $b) { $areaA = $a->width * $a->height; $areaB = $b->width * $b->height; if ($areaA < $areaB) { return -1; } elseif ($areaA > $areaB) { return 1; } else { return 0; } } print_r(array_udiff($array1, $array2, 'compare_by_area')); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => stdClass Object ( [width] => 11 [height] => 3 ) [1] => stdClass Object ( [width] => 7 [height] => 1 ) ) Example #2 array_udiff(3) example using DateTime Objects <?php class MyCalendar { public $free = array(); public $booked = array(); public function __construct($week = 'now') { $start = new DateTime($week); $start->modify('Monday this week midnight'); $end = clone $start; $end->modify('Friday this week midnight'); $interval = new DateInterval('P1D'); foreach (new DatePeriod($start, $interval, $end) as $freeTime) { $this->free[] = $freeTime; } } public function bookAppointment(DateTime $date, $note) { $this->booked[] = array('date' => $date->modify('midnight'), 'note' => $note); } public function checkAvailability() { return array_udiff($this->free, $this->booked, array($this, 'customCompare')); } public function customCompare($free, $booked) { if (is_array($free)) $a = $free['date']; else $a = $free; if (is_array($booked)) $b = $booked['date']; else $b = $booked; if ($a == $b) { return 0; } elseif ($a > $b) { return 1; } else { return -1; } } } // Create a calendar for weekly appointments $myCalendar = new MyCalendar; // Book some appointments for this week $myCalendar->bookAppointment(new DateTime('Monday this week'), "Cleaning GoogleGuy's apartment."); $myCalendar->bookAppointment(new DateTime('Wednesday this week'), "Going on a snowboarding trip."); $myCalendar->bookAppointment(new DateTime('Friday this week'), "Fixing buggy code."); // Check availability of days by comparing $booked dates against $free dates echo "I'm available on the following days this week... "; foreach ($myCalendar->checkAvailability() as $free) { echo $free->format('l'), " "; } echo " "; echo "I'm busy on the following days this week... "; foreach ($myCalendar->booked as $booked) { echo $booked['date']->format('l'), ": ", $booked['note'], " "; } ?> The above example will output: I'm available on the following days this week... Tuesday Thursday I'm busy on the following days this week... Monday: Cleaning GoogleGuy's apartment. Wednesday: Going on a snowboarding trip. Friday: Fixing buggy code. NOTES
Note Please note that this function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using array_udiff($array1[0], $array2[0], "data_compare_func");. SEE ALSO
array_diff(3), array_diff_assoc(3), array_diff_uassoc(3), array_udiff_assoc(3), array_udiff_uassoc(3), array_intersect(3), array_inter- sect_assoc(3), array_uintersect(3), array_uintersect_assoc(3), array_uintersect_uassoc(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_UDIFF(3)