Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell Post 302704213 by cero on Friday 21st of September 2012 08:46:22 AM
Old 09-21-2012
Try something like this:
Code:
VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END  
set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off termout off
SELECT to_CHAR(userdate,'MMDD') FROM tab1 where rownum=1; 
END
`
echo "MMDD IS $VALUE"

No need for PL/SQL here and stdout fits your needs better than the returnvalue of SQL*Plus (leading zero is not stripped...).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle To Korn Shell Array

I'm attempting to populate an array in ksh using the following command: set -A $(SELECT_INVOICE | sed '/^$/d') SELECT_INVOICE is a function that executes the SQL query. Problem: Some of the invoice numbers have alpha characters with spaces(example: OVEN MICRO). The Korn shell is treating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdst
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing PL/SQL OUT variables in Korn Shell Script

Hello All, I was just wondering if there is any direct way to access PL/SQL OUT variables from Korn Shell Script. I could already figure out how to return a single value back from PL/SQL to Shell Script (using bind variable). But, what if we want to return multiple values? One option I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_future
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell and Oracle

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on oracle much but I have a situation where I have to do bdf in all the servers and insert that information into oracle table. I have already created table which have 7 columns, I can insert manually but I dont know how to insert that using Korn shell. SERVER_ID ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass values to case statement in a function korn shell

I'm in the process of writng a function that consists of a case statement is there a way of calling the function and passing a value to it? ie function1 () { case opt1 do ..... opt2 do..... esac } function opt1 I'm aware the syntax is not correct, but you get the general idea. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squrcles
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass Oracle SQL output to Linux and back... Help!

Hi all, Hopefully you can help. This is what I'm trying to achieve: Obtain a list of usernames out of an Oracle Database Based on this list, link each username with an Oracle Internet Directory (OID) GUID Using the username and GUID perform a database update for all users Here are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sql statment in korn shell

I am fairly new to writing scripts, and have gotten a lot of help from this site in the past with many of the posts. I have a question/issue with a script I am attempting to write and have a question regarding executing an sql statement inside of a loop (do while). I have in the past written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josbor01
1 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS