Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: auto kill script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting auto kill script Post 302703577 by clx on Thursday 20th of September 2012 03:03:39 AM
Old 09-20-2012
How the script is invoked? If its invoked directly from command line, the process automatically closes with the session closed.

Are you performing any special rules with the exit? or just exit ?
Better to show the excerpt from the script which is used to close the session.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Alias Script

Hi All, as you can guess, I'm a newb here, and to shell scripting. I use Linux(CentOS) at home and want to get into scritping. I was creating some aliases on a Laptop the other day, and thought, god this is tedious, and then I thought, heck, why not use it as a 1st script project. Please see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboarderguy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

auto login script

can any one help me for auto login bat file from windows to unix,to check the server daily.. Thanks Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohankasi
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Script to auto restart a service

Hi All, May i please know if it is possible to write a script to check the log messages and automatically restart a service if it is failed or it is stopped. Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance. regards, Eajaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajazshariff
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Redhat 5 enterprise auto kill script

hi all do i need to add rc. prefix on the stop script all the time especially on redhat 5 enterprise? like below ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.stopdb2 /etc/rc0.d/K01rc.stopdb2 and on the /etc/rc.local, i need to add this only touch /var/lock/subsys/stopdb2 Is that going to work? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto restart script does not work

I have a service that are not 100% stable and stops from time to time. So I have a script that do restart the service if it does not run. This script works win on Ubuntu 9.04 but will not start the service in Ubuntu 10.10 If I run the part that do starts the service from CLI, it starts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide auto inputs for a sub-script within a script?

Hi All, I am writing a shell script. #!/bin/bash cat /etc/hosts mkdir -p /var/tmp mount 113.123.35.37:/vol/vol615/syb /var/tmp In above script I am trying to add below predefined script/command (/var/tmp/db_tools) This command in turn ask for user input, which will be always option... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhur.baharani
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto-backup script

hello guys i need a script to automatically backup a whole directory in linux like /var/www and the whole sql db and upload to an ftp server daily (as a cron job) is there something like this? I read about rsync but I don't know if it will suit this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: galapagos8000
6 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)