Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cp command not functioning regularly Post 302703561 by rajsharma on Thursday 20th of September 2012 02:28:12 AM
Old 09-20-2012
Same problem I am also facing.

Hi,

There are lots files on a mounted path in my case as well.
And there is a scheduled script that copies these mounted files to different directories weekly.
Out of files on mounted path, 90% of files are copied properly with exact size.

Remaining are not being copied properly.
Eg: If there is file say emp with 1.5 million reocrds,the cp command copies just about 4000 records.

I am not sure what is problem with command here?

Anybody facing similar problem and how this could be solved?

Another note, The files which are not copied properly by the scheduled script are easily copied manually.

Any idea on how this could be resolved?

Regards,
Raj

Last edited by rajsharma; 09-20-2012 at 04:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server goes down regularly- Please help

Hi , I need a clarification on an issue that we have been facing for two weeks now. From past one year we had issue with space on our Linux machine on which our application ( View VC, CVS) hosted on it. Due to swap memeory configuration being 0 and very less space on the server, the server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing date regularly..

Hi Guys, Plzz help me out in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a file which runs in the back ground using crontab for every monday at5 P.M. The problem is inside the file ... This is a sample content of a file Update the current and previous week: (Sunday to Sunday) %let... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regularly checking with shell script

Hi, I am new in scripting and also in Linux. I wrote my first script recently. I have an external hdd connected to my debian machine. I am spinning it down using a spindown code (code.google.com/p/spindown/)when I am not using it ( automatically after 1 hour). The problem was I wanted to know when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspedisca
2 Replies

4. AIX

Advice - X11 not functioning

Hello Folks We have following software installed on our AIX box X11.vfb - Virtual Frame Buffer Software We also see its process running root 528406 1 0 06:27:18 - 0:00 /usr/bin/X11/X -force -vfb -x abx -x dbe -x GLX :1 Following is the o/p of 'lslpp' X11.vfb 5.3.0.50... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

5. Linux

Pacman not functioning in Arch

Currently in a fresh install of arch linux and I have been trying to install some stuff with pacman. Every operation returns multiple errors such as no address record when using -Sy and unable to retrieve file when trying to install something. I have tried so many different configurations of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a sandwhich
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect not functioning

Hello, I plan on building an expect script and a ksh script to acquire some information and pass to the expect script. I'm very new with expect and figured I would start off slow. However, I use the spawn telnet command, run the script, and it prints out "spawn telnet" rather than doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neqtor
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Resolv.conf not getting updated regularly!

Hi All! I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with LXDE. This is office's allocated laptop. I have a problem here now, my /etc/resolv.conf file is not getting updated automatically whenever I am switching network, i.e. home or office. I have to do it manually every-time, I manually input the office's DNS,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly?

What Online Social Networks Do You Use Regularly? I use Facebook and LinkedIn nearly everyday.... You? If your online social network is not listed, please do a "write in" vote.. Thanks! (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
39 Replies

9. Red Hat

Functioning of 'cat' command

I need to display file, given on the command line to 'stdout' in Linux( not in red-hat )..Just like how 'cat' command is working! Basically I need to develop that command's coding part! Can somebody suggest some algorithm? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mathew Antony
2 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Failed to read from eventlog: 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Hello Team, I am getting below error on nagios to monitor windows Server 2012. Failed to read from eventlog: 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning. basically we are monitoring Eventlog file for server reboot or unexpected shutdown. Could you please help here. What could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies
lp(1)							      General Commands Manual							     lp(1)

Name
       lp - send requests to an LP line printer

Syntax
       lp [-c] [-d dest] [-n number] [-] [files]

Description
       The command arranges for the named files and associated information (collectively called a request) to be printed by a line printer.  If no
       file names are mentioned, the standard input is assumed.  When a file name is designated by a minus sign (-) it	stands	for  the  standard
       input  and may be supplied on the command line in conjunction with named files.	The order in which files appear is the same order in which
       they are printed.

This command exists for X/OPEN compatibility.

Options
       The following options to may appear in any order and may be intermixed with file names:

-c	   Makes copies of the files to be printed immediately when is invoked.  Normally, files are not copied, but are  linked  whenever
		   possible.  If the -c option is not given, then the user should be careful not to remove any of the files before the request has
		   been printed in its entirety.  It should also be noted that without the -c option, any changes made to the  named  files  after
		   the request is made but before it is printed are reflected in the printed output.

-d dest	   Chooses  dest  as  the  printer that is to do the printing.	If dest is a printer, then the request is printed on that specific
		   printer.  By default, dest is taken from the environment variable PRINTER if it is set.  Otherwise, a default destination,  lp,
		   is used.

-n number   Prints number copies (default of 1) of the output.

Files
       /etc/passwd	      personal identification
       /etc/printcap	      printer capabilities data base
       /usr/lib/lpd*	      line printer daemons
       /usr/spool/*	      directories used for spooling
       /usr/spool/*/cf*       daemon control files
       /usr/spool/*/df*       data files specified in cf files
       /usr/spool/*/tf*       temporary copies of cf files

See Also
       lpq(1), lpr(1), lprm(1), pr(1), symlink(2), printcap(2), lpc(8), lpd(8)

lp(1)