Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question on awk/sed/regex
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question on awk/sed/regex Post 302703409 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 05:16:35 PM
Old 09-19-2012
Code:

echo "USDOLLARS|xxx>" | sed 's/^<//; /|/s/|.*/|/g'

Last edited by fpmurphy; 09-19-2012 at 10:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Sed question

i have to search direcotry with a Min or Max size and but with a standard find.... it gives me the size of the i-node of the directory. A friend told me to use awk/sed command to search directories. he also gave me this command: find -type d -exec du '{}' \; | awk -v sz=10 '{if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkiraSama
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk question

hello, I have this in a file server_name=DB1 hostname=db1 I want to change hostname value to `hostname`. Any idea? and server_name value to toUPPER (`hostname`). Any idea? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to awk (regex pattern) how?

Hello, I am trying to covert a for statement into a single awk script and I've got everything but one part. I also need to execute an external script when "not found", how can I do that ? for TXT in `find debugme -name "*.txt"` ;do FPATH=`echo $TXT | sed 's/\(.*\)\/\(.*\)/\1/'` how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a part of the text (regex pattern, awk, sed)

Hello, let's start by giving you guys a few examples of the text: "READ /TEXT123/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/ABC123/" "READ TEXT123/ABC123" "READ TEXT123/ABC123/" "READ TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123/" TEXT and ABC can be and I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex, awk, grep question "how to"

I've been working on this for 2 days and I'm not getting far. It is time to turn to you guys. With the data below, I am trying to create a file that looks like this: I'd like to use some form of egrep I think. AY#box#P04prod_to_contingency s AY#cmd#P04dump_cont_db s AY#cmd#P04get_on_ice_job s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawbi01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print lines between 2 timestamps using awk|sed and regex

Hi, I am using the following code to fetch lines that are generated in last 1 hr . Hence, I am using date function to calculate -last 1 hr & the current hr and then somehow use awk (or sed-if someone could guide me better) with some regex pattern. dt_1=`date +%h" "%d", "%Y\ %l -d "1 hour... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarah-alikhan31
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

REGEX help required and some sed/awk help as well

Hi guys, I am coding a bash script that makes use of php scripts to pull URL's from a website. These url links will have numbers in them like 0.2.3 I want to make a regex that will yield me such numbers if I use a command like preg_grep. Question1: I need a regex that will tell my preg_grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to delete a regex between range of lines

Hi Guys I am looking for a solution to one problem to remove parentheses in a range of lines. Input file module bist_logic_inst(a, ab , dhd, dhdh , djdj, hdh, djjd, jdj, dhd, dhp, dk ); input a; input ab; input dhd; input djdj; input dhd; output hdh; output djjd; output jdj;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies
GUARDS(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 GUARDS(1)

NAME
guards - select from a list of files guarded by conditions SYNOPSIS
guards [--prefix=dir] [--path=dir2:dir2:...] [--default=0|1] [-v|--invert-match] [--list|--check] [--config=file] symbol ... DESCRIPTION
The script reads a configuration file that may contain so-called guards, file names, and comments, and writes those file names that satisfy all guards to standard output. The script takes a list of symbols as its arguments. Each line in the configuration file is processed separately. Lines may start with a number of guards. The following guards are defined: +xxx Include the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is defined. -xxx Exclude the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is defined. +!xxx Include the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is not defined. -!xxx Exclude the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is not defined. - Exclude this file. Used to avoid spurious --check messages. The guards are processed left to right. The last guard that matches determines if the file is included. If no guard is specified, the --default setting determines if the file is included. If no configuration file is specified, the script reads from standard input. The --check option is used to compare the specification file against the file system. If files are referenced in the specification that do not exist, or if files are not enlisted in the specification file warnings are printed. The --path option can be used to specify which directory or directories to scan. Multiple directories are separated by a colon (":") character. The --prefix option specifies the location of the files. AUTHOR
Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@suse.de> (SuSE Linux AG) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-04 GUARDS(1)