Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [SOLVED] help clean up file movement script Post 302703295 by dpreviti on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 02:28:59 PM
Old 09-19-2012
Thanks that worked perfect.
This User Gave Thanks to dpreviti For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean up script

I have a script which would monitor a given directory and delete any files which are older than 10 days. I was going to set the 10 crob jobs to perform this operation for 10 different directories (some are actually sub-directories), but my boss doesn't like that idea, so I need to do that in one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Startup script to clean out trash can

I need to know how I would be able to clean out the trash can of a single "dumb" user every time the MAC is turned on. Back ground. OS 10.3x G3 Mac Two users configured... 1) Root or Admin (superuser) 2) student (Simple no access to anything but shared folder for files etc.) The problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission for file movement.

Hi , How will put the condition whether the file has permission to move from one location to another in scripting? Regards Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in a log file with little movement

I have a script which tails a log file and if it finds certain strings in the data tailed it sends an email, basically like this: tail -f logfile > tmp.file & sleep 10 kill $! STRING=$(grep -c "string" tmp.file) && echo $STRING | mailx -s "Warning.." admin@123.com When the string is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp script file movement

Hi, I am newbie in unix scripting, I have written a bash script of SFTP that transfer some files from one folder to another within a server , I have two folders test and temp in the directory /home/p5060/sxk124 , the temp folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/temp)contain the files which I through my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
5 Replies

8. Open Source

Shell script file movement to a Mail Box server using ftp commands

Hi All, I have a current Process that runs "windows script " for the file movement that needs to changed to a "DataStage Process (Using shell script )" Source :Text file is getting generated as part of Datastage Jobs processes and resides in a shared drive (Unix server) Target :ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File movement based on peak hours ( 10AM - 3PM )

Hi , I came across a requirement in writing a script to move files from one location to another location having the number of files limited based on the server time. For example: In total number of files , I have to move files in below order 00 hours - 6AM 10% of the total number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthivel021
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automatic file movement between folders

Hello There, Here is the use cases Input folders dropbox/project/abc/ dropbox/project/pqr/ dropbox/project/lmn/ dropbox/project/xyz/ Target Folders /data/abc/ /data/pqr/ /data/lmn/ /data/xyz/ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TreasureCookies
2 Replies
IPESCRIPT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      IPESCRIPT(1)

NAME
ipescript - Run an Ipe script (written in Lua) SYNOPSIS
ipescript script { arguments } DESCRIPTION
ipescript runs an Ipe script written in Lua. The Ipe bindings are automatically available in the script. Ipescript looks for the script in any of the script directories. The script argument should not contain the .lua extension. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ipescript respects the following environment variables: IPELATEXDIR the directory where ipetoipe runs Pdflatex. IPESCRIPTS a list of directories where Ipescript will look for scripts. When this variable is not set, Ipe searches first the current directory, then ~/.ipe/scripts, and finally the system-wide Ipe script directory. When this variable is set, it should contain a list of directories, separated by semicolons. A single under- score is replaced by the system-wide Ipe script directory. IPEDEBUG set this to 1 for debugging output from ipescript. AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs using Ipe bugzilla at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
Ipe is documented fully in The Ipe Manual, which is available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html . August 28, 2011 IPESCRIPT(1)