Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing lines before and after a record Post 302702619 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 02:46:30 PM
Old 09-18-2012
Code:

sed -n -e '/pattern/{x;1!p;g;$!N;p;D;}' -e h infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add record separator after certain lines

How to add record separator after certain lines? I am faicing issue where some lines have result as successive line & some are not having. how can I add record separator after every record here is example of data I have (line numbers are not present in data): 1. <enabled="true" name="dSuite1"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sach253
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Extract random record which has 4 lines each

Hi, I have a data file with millions of record (N). Each record was saved in 4 lines. So there are total of NX4 lines in the data file. For Example: Host1 a b c d Host2 e f g h Host3 i j k (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK record in multiple lines

Hi everyboby this is my problem I Have this input 1111;222 222 2;333 3333;4444 111; 22222;33 33; 444 and I need this output 1111;2222222;3333333;4444 (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: agritur
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing space after a record in awk

friends, I am running iostat command in linux. Following is the output iostat -d Linux 2.6.18-128.el5 (btovm725.ind.hp.com) 04/16/2010 Device: tps Blk_read/s Blk_wrtn/s Blk_read Blk_wrtn sda 21.49 5.32 255.61 2871221 138010414 sda1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax for counting & printing record count

Hi I have a complex script which outputs a text file for loading into a db. I now need to enhance this script do that I can issue an ‘lp' command to show the count of the number of records in this file. Can anybody give me the necessary syntax ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing all lines before a specific string and a custom message 2 lines after

Hello all, I need to print all the lines before a specific string and print a custom message 2 lines after that. So far I have managed to print everything up the string, inclusively, but I can't figure out how to print the 2 lines after that and the custom message. My code thus far is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk script printing each record twice

i have a find command piped to an awk script, I'm expecting it printing the matching record one time but it's doing it twice: the following is my code: find directoryname | awk 'BEGIN { FS="/" } /.*\.$/ || /.*\.$/ { printf "%s/%s\n", $(NF-1), $NF } it gave me the correct output, but just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines that appear in an other file, and the three lines after them

Hi ! I need some help with a script I am writing. I am trying to compare two files, the first file being in this format : Header1 Text1-1 Text1-2 Text1-3 Header2 Text2-1 etc... For each header, I want to check if it appears in the second file, and if it is the case print the header... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective printing based on matched record

Hi, I have file with thousands of lines somewhat similar to the below 6 lines 06MXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 0328 003529 J27300022 MICROSOFT *MSN 06<1 000000001344392 JPN151-85830 MSBILL.INFO F 06<A17087454000328651551 MSBILL.INFO ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help in printing records where there is a 'header' in the first record ???

Hi, I have a backup report that unfortunately has some kind of hanging indent thing where the first line contains one column more than the others I managed to get the output that I wanted using awk, but just wanting to know if there is short way of doing it using the same awk Below is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)