Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with log file script
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with log file script Post 302702559 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 01:27:47 PM
Old 09-18-2012
Try this:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash

set -- $(ls -r test1.txt) 
grep -iq 'STRING_I_NEED_TO_FIND' $1 
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
   mailx -r server@org.com -s "Error Message found on server $HOSTNAME, please investigate" my_email@whatever.com 
else   
  mailx -r server@org.com -s  "Error not found" my_email@whatever.com
fi

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

rc.log problem about autostart script

On HP-UX, we add some our autostart scripts in the system script under /sbin/rc*.d directory. The output of application is redirected to /dev/null in our script,but once the application has been startup with the OS starting,its ouput is redirected to the /etc/rc.log finally and cause the rc.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file problem

I want to transfer files from ABC server to XYZ server in which i am successful. I would like to create a log file also by the name of current date. For some reason my script gives me an error on my scp -p command and it says LOCAL_LOG_FILE: not found and REMOTE_LOG_FILE not found. Any clues whats... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in redirecting ftp msgs to a log file

Hi all.. The following set of statements is used in a shell script to ftp a file to a remote machine I want to redirect the ftp messages thrown by the first ftp statement to a log file. As you can see there is a logic downstream to decide if the ftp was a success or not. But i am not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshkumaru
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

log file problem

Hi, I have a problem with my logfile. I am redirecting my output to log file and when iam viewing as text doc it is looking with some nonsense characters...please do help me on this .thank you. here is my logfile which it is showing different behaviour: spawn spawn minicom Welcome... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Log File

Hi, I have written a bash shell script. In order to create a log file when I run the script, as well as print the output to the terminal, I call it in the following manner: my_shell_script 2>&1 | tee my_log_fileThis seems to work well. However, I have put some statements in the script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem - Log File

Hi, I am in trouble ... again :wall: I formating a log file as .txt from Unix (solaris 9) and then I compress it with gzip and I use uuencode and send it in an email. gzip -c ${fic_report} | uuencode Report_File.gz > ${attachment_file} my problem is when I received the mail with the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a log file and run 2nd script if the dates match

# cat /tmp/checkdate.log SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem - create log file

I need to create shell script (check system ) to display the output to the console and write these output to a log file at the same time. My shell script is like that Main() { .... .... } MainIt takes about 30s to display all the output to the console. Then I put this command to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script function to use script name for log file output

Hi Team - I"m very new to Shell Scripting so I have a rather novice question. My forte is Windows Batch Scripting so I was just wondering what the Shell Script equivalent is to the DOS command %~n? %~n is a DOS variable that dispayed the script name. For instance (in DOS): REM... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
11 Replies
Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat - Reformat plain text messages INHERITANCE
Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat is a Mail::Message::Convert is a Mail::Reporter SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat; my $af = Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat->new; my $beautified_body = $af->autoformatBody($body); DESCRIPTION
Play trics with plain text, for instance bodies with type "text/plain" using Damian Conway's Text::Autoformat. Converters between message objects Other converters METHODS
Constructors Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat->new(OPTIONS) -Option --Defined in --Default fields Mail::Message::Convert <see description> log Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' options { (all, 1) } trace Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' fields => NAMES|ARRAY-OF-NAMES|REGEXS log => LEVEL options => HASH-REF Options to pass to Text::Autoformat, when its "autoformat" method is called. trace => LEVEL Converting $obj->autoformatBody(BODY) Formats a single message body (a Mail::Message::Body object) into a new body object using Text::Autoformat. If the Text::Autoformat is not installed, "undef" is returned. $obj->selectedFields(HEAD) See "Converting" in Mail::Message::Convert Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Convert::TextAutoformat(3pm)