Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert value to db from text file Post 302701793 by elixir_sinari on Monday 17th of September 2012 10:36:28 AM
Old 09-17-2012
You are redirecting to a FILE and reading from a VARIABLE?
Those are 2 different things.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert text into a dinamic file

I need help, It's probably a joke for you, but I'm about to explode: This is it: I have a file which is created by batch, and includes a list of db files (with the complete path). I want to use this list for a graph file - in order to exclude it from the daily backup. it means i need to add an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert text in the middle of a file

I want to insert a text into the middle of a file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: relle
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert text in the middle of a file

Hey guys, how do we take a line of text as an argument from a user and then insert it in the middle of a file irrespective of the number of lines in the file. I am trying to do this without SED or AWK. Inserting it in the beginning and at the end is easy, but i am trying to accomplish inserting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Text On file

Hi All, Can someone pls help me to insert some text on a file. my file contains something like below.. AKBULBU, BALUMIL, BATCH,BATCH BOARROB, BOTAKAT, C57896, CAKIOZE, CHECMER, CICOFRA, CISZPAW,2194485 I want output as USER_ID, LOGIN_ID (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text to file via ssh

I want to create a script that will set up key pairs from "thishost" to "remotehosts". I have a validate script in ~/<dir> that I need to prefix the generated key in the authorized_keys file, and I'm having to manually do this everytime. Here are my attemps, perhaps you could perfect them for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScannerDarkly
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert comma in a text file

Hi all, I have a text file and I need to insert comma after every 2 digit. -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 0 0 0 -1-1-1 2 0 0 3 311-1 0 1 -1-1 021 0 011-1-1 033 0I'd like to have this: -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1, 0, 0, 0 -1,-1,-1, 2, 0, 0, 3, 3,11,-1, 0, 1 -1,-1, 0,21, 0, 0,11,-1,-1, 0,33, 0Thanks for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text using a second file in Linux

How can i insert text at a particular line number or before/after a search pattern? The text i want to insert is of 8-10 lines including new line characters. I have stored this text in a separate file. I know i can use sed '{/pattern/|/regexp/|n}{i|a|c}<text to be inserted>' file But i want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhitanshu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text within a file?

Hi, I am trying to check for missing dates in a file and would want to insert the missing date into the file. Currently the script is as below #!/bin/ksh dates="dates" cat ${dates} | grep -v "^#" curr_month=`date '+%m` curr_day=`date '+%d` curr_year=`date '+%Y` #curr_month=02... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies
CTL(5)						    CTL file format of ASIM/LIP6/CAO-VLSI lab.						    CTL(5)

NAME
ctl - Control Temporal Logic file format. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
This document describes the CTL file format used by moka(1) for model checking of finite states machine description. This CTL file format subset is defined to enable classical CTL formulae description. A CTL file is made of two parts: a declaration part and a formulae statement part. The declaration part described types, constants, macros and all variables used in CTL formulae. It also describes assumption conditions and initial conditions that have to be applied by moka(1) during the model checking. The formulae statement part described all the CTL formulae that have to be verified. All boolean and relational VHDL operators are supported (see vbe(5)) and also the 8 CTL operators AF, AG, AX, AU, EF, EG, EX and EU. The CTL file format support also the imply boolean operator '->' and the equivalence operator '<=>'. EXAMPLE
-- user type definition TYPE A_ETAT_TYPE IS (A_E0, A_E1); TYPE B_ETAT_TYPE IS (B_E0, B_E1); -- variables definition VARIABLE A_NS, A_CS : A_ETAT_TYPE; VARIABLE B_NS, B_CS : B_ETAT_TYPE; VARIABLE ck : BIT; VARIABLE data_in : BIT; VARIABLE data_out : BIT; VARIABLE reset : BIT; VARIABLE ack : BIT; VARIABLE req : BIT; -- example of a macros definition DEFINE def1 : BOOLEAN := ack='1'; -- the assigned value can be a constant DEFINE c1 : BIT := '1'; -- the assumption condition ASSUME ass1 := (reset='0'); -- the initial reset condition -- be careful, the assumption condition is not applied -- to the initial conditions. RESET_COND init1 := (reset='1'); -- It is also possible to describe the first state -- with the INITIAL keywork, as follows: -- -- INITIAL init1 := ((A_CS=A_E0) AND (B_CS=B_E0)); -- -- formulae description statement part begin prop1 : EX( ack='1' ); prop2 : AG( req -> AF( ack ) ); prop4 : AU( req='1', ack='1'); end; SEE ALSO
moka(1) BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 August 5, 2002 CTL(5)