Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders Post 302700641 by agama on Thursday 13th of September 2012 09:43:52 PM
Old 09-13-2012
A quick Ksh script that assumes the current directory contains the year directories:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env ksh
find 20[0-1][0-9] -type f | while read path
do
    name=${path##*/}
    name=${name%.trns*}
    id=${name%_*}
    id=${id##*_}
    id=${id:2}
    echo  ${id/~(+E)^[0]+/} $name
done >output-file

Requires Kshell, and there are probably more efficient ways to do this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start looping from the second line in .csv file

I have a .csv file and i use the below while loop to navigate through it But i need to loop from the second line since the first line is the header How will i do it?? please help while IFS=, read Filename Path size readonly do echo "Filename -> ${Filename}" echo "Path -> ${Path}" echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select data from oracle table and save the output as csv file

Hi I need to execute a select statement in a solaris environment with oracle database. The select statement returns number of rows of data. I need the data to be inserted into a CSV file with proper format. For that we normally use "You have to select all your columns as one big string,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to save the space when converting to CSV file

Hi, I have a text file with the following format. Some of the fields are blank. 1234 3456 23 45464 327837283232 343434 5654353 34 34343 3434345 434242 .... .... .... I need to convert this file to a CSV file, like 1234, ,23, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wintersnow2011
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All, I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format: 1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this. 2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data (... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
9 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD