Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding logging feature to ksh script? Post 302700455 by vbe on Thursday 13th of September 2012 11:48:18 AM
Old 09-13-2012
What wasnt working?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding entry into crontab in ksh program

Hi falks, I have the following ksh function ,which adding entry to crontab during ksh program running: { print "Go\c" >/dev/null 2>&1 print '0 0 * * * su - ias -c "/home/orca/core-${SCHEMA_NAME}/CLI/cleanup_BRMS.ksh"\c' >/dev/null 2>&1 print "\033:wq!" >/dev/null 2>&1 } | \crontab -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - adding a dynamic value to the front of a line

Hi Forum, Im trying to write some code to read a file, take a certain dynamic value and write it back to the file at the front of every line. For example, file.txt is: SIMPLE=HELLO CONFIDENTIAL=false SENDER=false REQUIRED=true FEEDBACK=false UPDATE=false REQUIRED=false MAPPING=true... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with adding logging to a script

I'm pretty new to bash shell scripting and I was wondering how to add some logging to a script?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kp400sf
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a ksh script for adding the space at the end of record in a flat file

Hi, I need a ksh script for the below requirement: i have a Delimited flat file with 200 records delimiter is '|~|' i need a script to insert space at the end if the record is ending with delimiter '|~|' if it didnt end with delimiter it should not append space. Example: ram|~|2|~| ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] adding email option to KSH

Hi, I wanted to add a email option to this script. and was wondering if anyone could help me out. #!/bin/ksh echo "Finding hdisk" <DIR>/find-disk i=1 b=0 p=0 while ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ksh Logging

Hi, I want to run my script and want to ensure it captures all logging. For e.g I got this from another forum # Redirect the current stderr into stdout exec 2>&1 # Redirect the current stdout into the log file exec 1>timer_log.log The script will print stderr onto the putty terminal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script

Dear Tech Guys, I am trying to send some commands on the local server and it always asks for user name and password after each command. To serve the purpose I am using expect function as follows: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 20 spawn "./data1.sh" expect "Please Enter UserName: "... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xtreme
6 Replies
elf_version(3E) 														   elf_version(3E)

NAME
elf_version() - coordinate ELF library and application versions SYNOPSIS
Command: [flag]... file... [library]... DESCRIPTION
As elf(3E) explains, the program, the library, and an object file have independent notions of the "latest" ELF version. lets a program determine the ELF library's It further lets the program specify what memory types it uses by giving its own ver, to the library. Every program that uses the ELF library must coordinate versions as described below. The header file supplies the version to the program with the macro If the library's internal version (the highest version known to the library) is lower than that known by the program itself, the library may lack semantic knowledge assumed by the program. Accordingly, will not accept a working version unknown to the library. Passing a ver equal to causes to return the library's internal version, without altering the working version. If ver is a version known to the library, returns the previous (or initial) working version number. Otherwise, the working version remains unchanged and returns EXAMPLES
The following excerpt from an application program protects itself from using an older library. if (elf_version(EV_CURRENT) == EV_NONE) { /* library out of date */ /* recover from error */ } WARNINGS
The working version should be the same for all operations on a particular ELF descriptor. Changing the version between operations on a descriptor will probably not give the expected results. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_xlate(3E). elf_version(3E)