Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Segment-fault handling for pthreads Post 302700449 by pooyair on Thursday 13th of September 2012 11:43:24 AM
Old 09-13-2012
Edit : found it , yes as u said there was null pointer passing. Thanks

Last edited by pooyair; 09-14-2012 at 02:10 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PThreads

Can anyone explain me how to use pthread_key_create() , pthread_setspecific(), pthread_getspecific() and pthread_key_delete () routines in pthreads. Kindly state by an example. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
3 Replies

2. Programming

pthreads

Does any one no of some good web site which will explain about how to program using pthreads in a UNIX enviroment? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
6 Replies

3. Programming

Segment Fault

When run it, segment fault. What is wrong? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> const int max =20; //**************************************************** // Input Matrix //**************************************************** void inMatrixAA(int *AA, int row, int col)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

pthreads

Hi! I'm linking my hpux code using -lpthread (gcc), yet it references libpthread_tr.1, the debug version of the pthread lib. How do I force it to use pthreads? Thanks, :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zackz
3 Replies

5. Programming

a strange segment fault about ltp-posix test

Hi all In the ltp-posix test,there is a case in open_posix_testsuite\conformance\interfaces\timer_gettime\speculative/6-1.c I run the above code,it will has a segment fault, if I modify it to below,it works well Anybody can tell me why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

6. Programming

Data segment or Text segment

Hi, Whether the following piece of code is placed in the read-only memory of code (text) segment or data segment? char *a = "Hello"; I am getting two different answers while searching in google :( that's why the confusion is (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Programming

why segment fault,

I always get segment fault, why? can sb help me and modify it, I have spend on much time on #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 10 pthread_t thread; void *thread1() { int *a; int i, n; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Segment fault for C++ program when return vector

I am trying to reverse complement DNA sequence (string) with a short c++ code using boost library. Code was compiled without any warning/error, but ran into Segmentation fault. My guess is the function to return a vector, but not sure. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string>... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies

10. Programming

Segment fault related to strlen.S

Hello, This function was copied into my code, which was compiled without error/warning, but when executed there is always Segmentation fault at the end after the output (which seems correct!): void get_hashes(unsigned int hash, unsigned char *in) { unsigned char *str = in; int pos =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies
lta(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    lta(4)

Name
       lta - lta pseudoterminal interface

Syntax
       options LAT
       pseudo-device lat
       pseudo-device lta[n]

Description
       The  pseudoterminal  interface  provides  support  for local area transport (LAT) service.  LAT service allows users to access remote nodes
       through the Ethernet.

To configure the LAT service for your machine, you must:

o   Edit the system configuration file.

o   Edit the file.

o   Create LAT special files.

o   Edit the file.

Instructions for performing these tasks are further documented in the Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers.

Edit the Configuration File
       Edit the configuration file  to	include  the  option  and  the	and  pseudo-devices.   The  configuration  file  to  edit  is  located	in
       /sys/conf/vax/HOSTNAME  or  /sys/conf/mips/HOSTNAME  (depending	on  your processor), where HOSTNAME is the name of your host processor, in
       uppercase.

The optional value for the pseudo-device entry defines the number of LAT lines to configure, a number between 1 and 256.   If  you  do  not
       specify	a  value,  the	default is 16 lines.  For example, if you want to configure 32 LAT devices into your system, the entry for the LAT
       lines is:
       pseudo-device lta32

To use the system as a load host for remote note maintenance functions such as loading and controlling  terminal  servers,  you	must  also
       include an options entry for and a pseudo-device entry for in the configuration file.

Edit the /etc/rc.local File
       Edit  the  file	to restart LAT service automatically when the system reboots.  Add the following entry after the commands for local daemon
       startup:
       if [ -f /etc/lcp ]; then
	    /etc/lcp -s > /dev/console & echo -n ' lat' >/dev/console
       fi

Create LAT Special Files
       Create the LAT special files by running the program from the directory and specifying the option.  You create one LAT special file for each
       LAT device.  For example, the following commands create 32 device special files for LAT devices:
       # cd /dev
       # MAKEDEV lta0
       # MAKEDEV lta1

The option range is 1 to 7.  The maximum number of LAT special files is 256.

Edit the /etc/ttys File
       Edit  the  file	to  include entries for all the LAT special files you created using the command.  For more information on how to add these
       entries, see

Files
       Contains terminal devices defined to the machine.

Contains terminal devices defined to the machine (modem lines only).

See Also
       ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)
       Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers

lta(4)