Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract three substrings from a logfile Post 302699621 by pamu on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 05:12:51 AM
Old 09-12-2012
Try something this..

Code:
awk -F '[ ",&]' '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ( $i ~ /^IMBOSS/ ) { print $1,$i,$(NF-2) }}}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking strings into Substrings

I'm only new to shell programming and have been given a task to do a program in .sh, however I've come to a point where I'm not sure what to do. This is my code so far: # process all arguments (i.e. loop while $1 is present) while ; do # echo "Arg is $1" case $1 in -h*|-H*) echo "help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: switch
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract large list of substrings

I have a very long string (millions of characters). I have a file with start location and length that is thousands of rows long: Start Length 5 10 16 21 44 100 215 37 ... I'd like to extract the substring that corresponds to the start and length from each row of the list: I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
7 Replies

3. AIX

Substrings and the likes in AIX 4.2 ?

In AIX 4.2, are there any shell commands to do substrings and the text like manipulation commands ? I want to take an error log where errors are multi-ligned and convert them into single lines to ease tracking/monitoring. I may need to shorten them out too. If I can manage to put them into an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substrings

Hi guys, I am stuck in this problem. Please help. I have two files. FILE1 (with records starting from '>' ) >TC1723_3 similar to Scific_A7Q9Q3 EMSPSQDYCDDYFKLTYPCTAGAQYYGRGALPVYWNYNYGAIGEALKLDLLNHPEYIEQN ATMAFQAAIWRWMNPMKKGQPSAHDAFVGNWKP >TC214_2 similar to Quiet_Ref100_Q8W2B2 Cluster;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract specific pattern from logfile

Log File: Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(SOURCE_ROUTE=OFF)(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname1.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=database1)(SRVR=DEDICATED))) Attempting to contact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to extract line from logfile

Hi , Can someone help me,I am not well versed with scripting,it is very urjent. Need a script in perl or shell for the following task. The logfile contains several entries of which one particular string to be searched and that complete line has to be removed and copied to another file to... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: garryt21@rediff
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substrings from variables

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a way to extract substrings to local variables. Here is the format of the string variable i am using : /var/x/www && /usr/x/share/doc && /etc/x/logs where the substrings i must extract are the "/var/x/www" and such. I was originally thinking of using... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy75_13
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace substrings in awk

Hi ! my input looks like that: --AAA-AAAAAAA---------AA- AAA------AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ------A----AAAA-----A------- Using awk, I would need to replace only the "-" located between the last letter and the end of the string by "~" in order to get: --AAA-AAAAAAA---------AA~... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the last 10 minutes from logfile

Any better way to extract the last 10 minutes from logfile? Dec 18 09:41:18 aaa Dec 18 09:46:29 aa Dec 18 09:48:39 vvv Dec 18 09:48:54 bbb Dec 18 09:54:47 bbb Dec 18 09:55:33 fcf Dec 18 09:55:38 ssdf Dec 18 09:57:58 sdsds Dec 18 09:58:10 sdsd Dec 18 10:00:50 sdsd Dec 18... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)