Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Aligning output with null fields in shell script Post 302698923 by Chubler_XL on Monday 10th of September 2012 05:34:02 PM
Old 09-10-2012
Try this format:

Code:
printf "%-10s%-9s%-10s%-10s%-33s%-22s%-7s\n" "$id" "$permval" "$owner" "$group" "$loc" "$file" "$stype" >> $logfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find null fields in file

Hi All, I have some csv files out of which i want to find records which have empty values in either the 14th or 16th fields. The following is a sample. $cut -d',' -f14,16 SPS* | head -5 VOIP_ORIG_INFO,VOIP_DEST_INFO sip:445600709315@sip.com,sip:999@sip.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 3 fields with null in the file

Hi, I have a file with 104 columns delimited by comma. I have to replace fields 4,5 and 19 with null values and after replacing the columns in the file , the file should be still comma delimited. I am new to shell scripting, Experts please help me out. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude records with null fields

Hi, can I do something like this to add a condition of checking if the 4th field is number or space or blank also: awk -F, '$4 /^*||*/' MYFILE >> OTHERFILE I also want the other part i.e. I need to exclude all lines whose 4th field is space or blank or number: MYFILE a,b,c,d,e a,b,c,2,r... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenK_Dudala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if few fields in a file are null

Hi, I've a pipe delimited file where I want to find out a number of lines where 1st 2nd and last field are null using awk/sed. Is it possible? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for validating fields in a file

Hi, I have not used Unix in a very long time and I am very rusty. I would appreciate any help I can get from the more experienced and experts in Shell script. I am reading one file at a time from a folder. The file is a flat file with no delimeters or carriage return. Col1 through col6 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asemota
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get fields and get output with awk or shell script.?

I have a flat file A.txt with field seperate by a pipe 2012/11/13 20:06:11 | 284:hawk pid=014268 opened Locations 12, 13, 14, 15 for /home/hawk_t112/t112/macteam/qt/NET12/full_ddr3_2X_FV_4BD_1.qt/dbFiles/t112.proto|2012/11/14 15:19:26 | still running |norway|norway 2012/11/14 12:53:51 | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Group by Based on Multiple Fields in a file

Hi, I want to know if there is any simple approach to SUM a field based on group by of different fields for e.g. file1.txt contains below data 20160622|XXX1||50.00||50.00|MONEY|Plan1| 20160622|XXX1||100.00||100.00|MONEY|Plan1| 20160623|XXX1||25.00||25.00|MONEY|Plan1|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnu_theprince
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to pull certain fields

I/m a beginner so be easy. I have text files that live on an AIX server. The files come in and I've been charged with writing a shell script to email out that pulls the first date, and the last date of the file. I need to load these 2 dates into 2 separate variables. I can figure out the variables,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattadams1983
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fields shifting in file, do to null values?

The below code runs and creates an output file with three sections. The first 2 sections are ok, but the third section doesn't seem to put a . in all the fields that are blank. I don't know if this is what causes the last two fields in the current output to shift to a newline, but I can not seem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)