Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris By start SolarisStudio12.3 requires jdk6 or newer... Post 302698551 by bitlord on Monday 10th of September 2012 08:45:42 AM
Old 09-10-2012
it installs more then one package. Below I have pasted the link for the instructions from Oracle.

Installation Notes

I prefer to use the tar.Z files, to install Java.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New User Requires Help

Hi, I am a new Unix user and I would like to know which link to go to in order to learn Unix online. Something like tutorials for beginners (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K. Mbuki
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with -newer command

Ok, here's the situation: There's a script that runs every day on a UNIX box that collects files. The script has now been changed so that at the start of a new day, the script would create a new folder and then copy files to it for that day. This has put me in a dilema as I have a script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

4. SuSE

freedce requires libdcethreads!

hello every one, here i am attempting to install freedce-1.1.0.7 on HP-UX machine. in that process i ran a command ./configure at command prompt. it's throughing the following error; configure: error: freedce requires libdcethreads! here i am pasting the ./configure output with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change in file requires

Hi, i have one file, filename -> a.txt, i want that simple way just enter command and it will do that, not through redirection way. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF i want... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change requires with perl

Hi, i need to change a file with perl having contents below, but it will not do any action if change is being already made. file.txt AAAAAA BBBBBB CCCCCC output.txt (that required) AAAAAA #BBBBB DDDDDD CCCCCC Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

7. AIX

JNI program work with jdk 5 but not jdk6 on aix 5.3

My JNI program work with jdk 5 but not jdk6 on aix 5.3. i.e. I compiled & tested my program with jdk 5 and it worked. Then with the same files & directory, I run jdk6 (I installed both jdk5 & 6) and it failed. Why? jdk5 is ok: $ /usr/java5_64/jre/bin/java -d64 -jar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TsanChung
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requires a script for incidents

Hi, I am associated with a project where we received multiple incident on daily basis for different support groups like(unix support,windows support,vms support). We use HP service centre as a ticketing tool where we gets all the incidents generated automatically when something went wrong on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naman agarwal
2 Replies

9. Linux Benchmarks

Newer PC build.

Just decided to run the benchmark for the heck of it. -Version- Dist: Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 CPU/Speed: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz RAM: DDR4 DRAM 64 GB 3000 MHz CMK64GX4M4B3000C15 MB: Maximus VIII Ranger Bus: 8 sata, 1 M.2 Socket 3 Cache: L2=4 x 256KB, L3=8 MB shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bajanine
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)