Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Book
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Book Post 302698239 by rajkumarin on Sunday 9th of September 2012 05:45:19 AM
Old 09-09-2012
Thanks Radoulov!!!!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

e-book

Hi everybody I a new one And I have just wanted to research on Sun Solaris So can you help me what e-book to read ( and if can you give me the direct address to load ) Thks so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Book

OK Guys! I need a top of the line unix system administration book for newbies! help! thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disturbe_d
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

looking for a book suggestion

On the basic concepts of programming. I mean I am 100% self taught so I need a book to fix all my bad habits and misconceptions. I mean I want a solid book over the basics. Explains what an array is, a string, variable, stacks, and so forth. I only know how to write code in shell,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk language reference: book

Gurus, I am looking for a book on Awk programming. A quick Google search gave me Amazon.com: The AWK Programming Language (9780201079814): Alfred V. Aho, Brian W. Kernighan, Peter J. Weinberger: Books by Alfred Aho. Is there anything other than that? Any advice? Thanks. Al. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk Book

Hi Experts, I am studying SED and AWK text processing commands with an E-book. I am not satisfied with the way of explanation and examples given by them. I would like you guys to suggest me the Best book for SED and AWK to become good in this utility. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxrulez
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk book

I was hoping someone could recommend a good book for awk. Maybe an online class? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for good book on awk

I am not sure if I am posting to the right forum but I would like to buy a book which goes into Awk in detail and covers the most advanced Awk programming techniques. Would anybody be able to recommend a good book? I see plenty of books available on Amazon but I am not sure how detailed they are.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
2 Replies

8. Programming

Question regarding a book for C++

Hi all. A course I am has Beginning C prescribed for our C++ work, but I am wondering, is this correct? Why not Beginning C++ by the same author? We code in C++ and learn C++, when starting a project in Code::Blocks we select C++. I may just be confused. Thanks for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AnthonyWall56
1 Replies
CARDDAVD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       CARDDAVD(8)

NAME
carddavd -- Darwin Address Book Server Control Interface SYNOPSIS
carddavd [-hX] [-u username] [-g groupname] [-T twistd] [-f carddavd.plist] DESCRIPTION
carddavd is a front end to the Darwin Address Book Server. The Darwin Address Book Server is a web server which implements the HTTP, WebDAV, WebDAV ACL, and CardDAV protocols. carddavd is a simple tool for starting the server. OPTIONS
-h Displays usage information -X Starts the server but does not daemonize it. -u username Drops privileges to the given username. -g groupname Drops privileges to the given groupname. -f carddavd.plist Specifies the path of the configuration file to read. -T twistd Specifies the path to the twistd binary. FILES
/etc/carddavd/carddavd.plist The Address Book Server configuration file. It is an XML property list specifying server options such as the port to bind to, whether to use SSL, and the names of other configuration files. /etc/carddavd/server.pem PEM-format server keys for use with SSL. /Library/AddressBookServer/Documents The server's document root, which is used as the backing store for the HTTP resources on the server. /var/log/carddavd/access.log The server's access log file, in a format similar to Apache HTTPd's access log. /var/log/carddavd/error.log The server's main log file. /var/run/carddavd.pid The server's process ID file. /usr/share/carddavd Server implementation and support files. SEE ALSO
caldavd(8), httpd(8), serveradmin(8) STANDARDS
carddavd complies with draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav (CardDAV), RFC 2518 (WebDAV) and RFC 3744 (WebDAV ACL). HISTORY
carddavd was first introduced as part of Darwin 10 and Mac OS 10.6. BUGS
This version of carddavd is still in development and testing. BSD
April 20, 2009 BSD