Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use GREP to extract URL from file Post 302698185 by durden_tyler on Saturday 8th of September 2012 07:25:40 PM
Old 09-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naks_Sh10
...3. Also check is each component in the URL is greater than 200 characters

For eg. Is "/liveupdate-aka.symantec.com/1340071490jtun_nav2k8enn09m25.m25" greater than 800 characters and

is "liveupdate-aka.symantec.com" geater than 200 characters

is "1340071490jtun_nav2k8enn09m25.m25" greater than 200 characters.

It would be good if we can do all of the above in one command if possible.
Code:

$
$ cat f10
98.70.217.222 - - [08/Jul/2012:09:14:29 +0000] "GET /liveupdate-aka.symantec.com/1340071490jtun_nav2k8enn09m25.m25?h=abcdefgh HTTP/1.1" 200 159229484 "-" "hBU1OhDsPXknMepDBJNScBj4BQcmUz5TwAAAAA" "-"
$
$
$ perl -lne 's/^.*GET (.*?)\?.*/$1/; print $_, " is ",length($_)<=800?"not":"", " greater than 800 char";
             s/^\///; map {print $_, " is ", length($_)<=200?"not":"", " greater than 200 char"} split/\//
            ' f10
/liveupdate-aka.symantec.com/1340071490jtun_nav2k8enn09m25.m25 is not greater than 800 char
liveupdate-aka.symantec.com is not greater than 200 char
1340071490jtun_nav2k8enn09m25.m25 is not greater than 200 char
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED extract url - please help a lamer

Hello everybody. I have lines that looks something like this: <done16=""118"" done18=""$ title=""thisisatitle"" href=""/JoeBanana" alt=""Joe""><done16=""118"" done18=""$ title=""thisisatitle"" href=""/GeraldGiraffe" alt=""Gerald""> What kind of SED command would I need to use to extract... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open an url and grep for a word

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting,Could any of you help me on this below :confused: -------------------- I need to write a shell script where i have open an url and grep for a particular word in the url and want to display it in a flatfile. Eg: Want to open yahoo.com and grep for yahoo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumithra
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to grep/read a file inside compressed tgz without extract?

Hi all, I would like to ask whether in Unix shell/perl have any functions or command to allow grep/cat/read a file inside compressed .tgz without extract it? I know we can tar tvf a compressed tgz but this only allow we read the path/filename contained inside the tarball. If we want to read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayshy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract URL from RSS Feed in AWK

Hi, I have following data file; <outline title="Matt Cutts" type="rss" version="RSS" xmlUrl="http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/feed/" htmlUrl="http://www.mattcutts.com/blog"/> <outline title="Stone" text="Stone" type="rss" version="RSS" xmlUrl="http://feeds.feedburner.com/STC-Art"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract url from html page?

for example, I have an html file, contain <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a>and sometime a line contains more then one link, for example <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a><a href="http://bwebsite" id="bwebsite"... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
36 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help please with Grep/Sed command to extract text and numbers from a file

Hello All, I need to extract lines from a file that contains ALPHANUMERIC and the length of Alphanumeric is set to 16. I have pasted the sample of the lines from the text file that I have created. My problem is that sometimes 16 appears in other part of the line. I'm only interested to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script that do internal grep on a log file..and extract acct no's from it..

I need to write a script, which takes the input a log file and create output file with acct no's line by line from selected records with text like (in red) : 18:51:18 | 217863|Acct 0110855565|RC 17608| 16 Subs| 1596 UsgRecs| 2 Secs| 430 CPUms| prmis2:26213 <MoveUsage d aemon needs to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from multi lined url source

Hello, I want extract multi values from multi url source to a csv text. Thank you very much for help. my curl code : curl "http://www.web.com/cities//city.html Source code: div class="clear"></div> <table class="listing-details"> <tr> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extract text from txt file with grep

All, I require a script that grabs some text from the gitHub API and will grep (or other function) for a string a characters that starts with (") quotes followed by two letters, may contain a pipe |, and ending with ) . What i have so far is below but it's not returning anything. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
4 Replies
GREP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GREP(1)

NAME
grep, g - search a file for a pattern SYNOPSIS
grep [ option ... ] pattern [ file ... ] g [ option ... ] pattern [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Grep searches the input files (standard input default) for lines that match the pattern, a regular expression as defined in regexp(7) with the addition of a newline character as an alternative (substitute for |) with lowest precedence. Normally, each line matching the pattern is `selected', and each selected line is copied to the standard output. The options are -c Print only a count of matching lines. -h Do not print file name tags (headers) with output lines. -e The following argument is taken as a pattern. This option makes it easy to specify patterns that might confuse argument parsing, such as -n. -i Ignore alphabetic case distinctions. The implementation folds into lower case all letters in the pattern and input before interpre- tation. Matched lines are printed in their original form. -l (ell) Print the names of files with selected lines; don't print the lines. -L Print the names of files with no selected lines; the converse of -l. -n Mark each printed line with its line number counted in its file. -s Produce no output, but return status. -v Reverse: print lines that do not match the pattern. -f The pattern argument is the name of a file containing regular expressions one per line. -b Don't buffer the output: write each output line as soon as it is discovered. Output lines are tagged by file name when there is more than one input file. (To force this tagging, include /dev/null as a file name argument.) Care should be taken when using the shell metacharacters $*[^|()= and newline in pattern; it is safest to enclose the entire expression in single quotes '...'. An expression starting with '*' will treat the rest of the expression as literal characters. G invokes grep with -n and forces tagging of output lines by file name. If no files are listed, it searches all files matching *.C *.b *.c *.h *.m *.cc *.java *.cgi *.pl *.py *.tex *.ms SOURCE
/src/cmd/grep /bin/g SEE ALSO
ed(1), awk(1), sed(1), sam(1), regexp(7) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is null if any lines are selected, or non-null when no lines are selected or an error occurs. GREP(1)