Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DVD RAM on SCO 5.0.7
Operating Systems SCO DVD RAM on SCO 5.0.7 Post 302697993 by Transpower on Friday 7th of September 2012 05:29:52 PM
Old 09-07-2012
DVD RAM on SCO 5.0.7

I've had trouble doing backups to DVD-RW drives so I purchased and installed a DVD-RAM drive (external SCSI). SCO hangs during the hardware listing for the first SCSI host adapter (which has the UNIX drive and the DVD-RAM drive). Has anyone ever got a DVD-RAM drive to work with SCO UNIX 5.0.7? I thought that SCO would see no difference between a DVD-RW drive and a DVD-RAM drive. One other thing: all of my DVD-RW drives are 16 bit wide, whereas this DVD-RAM drive is 8 bit wide--but the SCSI connector is still Ultra320 as before. Note: my system is dual boot--SCO on one SCSI host adapter port and Windows 7 Pro 64 on the other SCSI host adapter port. On the Windows side, all the DVD drives work fine!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

3. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
TRM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TRM(4)

NAME
trm -- Tekram TRM-S1040 ASIC based PCI SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
trm* at pci? dev ? function ? scsibus* at trm? DESCRIPTION
The trm driver supports PCI SCSI host adapters based on the Tekram TRM-S1040 SCSI ASIC. HARDWARE
Supported SCSI controllers include: Tekram DC-315 PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without flash BIOS and internal SCSI connector Tekram DC-315U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without flash BIOS Tekram DC-395U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter with flash BIOS Tekram DC-395UW PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS Tekram DC-395F PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS and 68-pin external SCSI connector For Tekram DC-390 PCI SCSI host adapter, use pcscp(4) driver. For Tekram DC-310/U and DC-390U/UW/F PCI SCSI host adapters, use siop(4) driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), ss(4), st(4), uk(4), scsipi(9) http://www.tekram.com/ AUTHORS
The trm driver was originally written for NetBSD 1.4/i386 by Erich Chen of Tekram Technology, and Rui-Xiang Guo rewrote the driver to use bus_space(9) and bus_dma(9) for NetBSD 1.6. BSD
November 6, 2001 BSD