Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl script to traceroute an IP from windows Post 302697623 by Skrynesaver on Friday 7th of September 2012 06:03:56 AM
Old 09-07-2012
I haven't used Net::Traceroute on windows, however the traceroute executable on windows is called tracert. You can specify the trace_program in the constructor so that the declaration of $tr becomes
Code:
my $tr=Net::Traceroute->new(
                            host=> "google.com"
                            trace_program=>"tracert"
                           );

;

Note that you can also set debug=>1 in the event that you still need to see what is going wrong.
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files in windows using perl script

Hi I want to merge two or more files using perl in windows only(Just like Paste command in Unix script) . How can i do this.Is ther any single command to do this? Thanks Kunal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a directory on windows via perl script

How to change a directory on windows via perl script. I wanna mount a share on windows via perl script. I have used:- system("dir"); gives the list of directories in the drive i am.This command works well. Now i want to move from c drive to z drive via perl script.I am using:- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUPTI
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a perl script (windows) to delete the contents of a file

Hi All, Im having a file named logserver.txt. I want a perl script to take a backup of that file, along with the datestamp; move the file to a different location or empty the contents of the file after backup. Remember, the file gets generated when the related service starts. My condition is... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Running perl script from a VB.NET windows service

Here is the snippet of the code that I'm trying to execute. Stat of the service does not launch perl script. OnStop works fine. Please could you help here. Public Class Service1 Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String) ' Add code here to start your service. This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traceroute script weird output

This script is giving weird output #!/bin/bash NETPATH=(`/bin/traceroute -n 4.2.2.2 | awk '{print $2}'`) for i in "${NETPATH}" do echo $i done The output: to 11.11.11.1 1.1.1.1 99.111.208.2 traceroute_test.sh traceroute_test.sh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumbs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a windows program from perl script

Hi i wanted to know if any one can give me an example on how to launch a windows program in a perl script. I wanted to open the nmap software on my computer with a perl script, i heard this can be done with the system function. Would the function be in this format: $text =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingbp
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

Perl : traceroute error

I am writing a perl code(windows) to traceroute IP address and to print the output. Could anyone please supply the code. I had executed the below code which was taken from cpan modules #!C:/perl/bin/perl.exe use Net::Traceroute; $tr = Net::Traceroute->new(host=> "google.com");... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse multiple windows event logs.

Hi all, I am developing a log parsing agent in perl to send windows Event logs to Zenoss Monitoring tool. Using Win32::EventLog i can able to get the Event messages but only one Eventype eg Application or System could able to parse at a time. Can you please help to how to open mutiple eventlogs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
3 Replies
CPAN(1) 						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						   CPAN(1)

NAME
cpan - easily interact with CPAN from the command line SYNOPSIS
# with arguments and no switches, installs specified modules cpan module_name [ module_name ... ] # with switches, installs modules with extra behavior cpan [-cfimt] module_name [ module_name ... ] # without arguments, starts CPAN.pm shell cpan # without arguments, but some switches cpan [-ahrvACDLO] DESCRIPTION
This script provides a command interface (not a shell) to CPAN. At the moment it uses CPAN.pm to do the work, but it is not a one-shot com- mand runner for CPAN.pm. Meta Options These options are mutually exclusive, and the script processes them in this order: [hvCAar]. Once the script finds one, it ignores the others, and then exits after it finishes the task. The script ignores any other command line options. -a Creates the CPAN.pm autobundle with CPAN::Shell->autobundle. -A module [ module ... ] Shows the primary maintainers for the specified modules -C module [ module ... ] Show the "Changes" files for the specified modules -D module [ module ... ] Show the module details. This prints one line for each out-of-date module (meaning, modules locally installed but have newer versions on CPAN). Each line has three columns: module name, local version, and CPAN version. -L author [ author ... ] List the modules by the specified authors. -h Prints a help message. -O Show the out-of-date modules. -r Recompiles dynamically loaded modules with CPAN::Shell->recompile. -v Print the script version and CPAN.pm version. Module options These options are mutually exclusive, and the script processes them in alphabetical order. It only processes the first one it finds. c Runs a `make clean` in the specified module's directories. f Forces the specified action, when it normally would have failed. i Installed the specified modules. m Makes the specified modules. t Runs a `make test` on the specified modules. Examples # print a help message cpan -h # print the version numbers cpan -v # create an autobundle cpan -a # recompile modules cpan -r # install modules ( sole -i is optional ) cpan -i Netscape::Booksmarks Business::ISBN # force install modules ( must use -i ) cpan -fi CGI::Minimal URI TO DO
BUGS
* none noted SEE ALSO
Most behaviour, including environment variables and configuration, comes directly from CPAN.pm. SOURCE AVAILABILITY
This source is part of a SourceForge project which always has the latest sources in CVS, as well as all of the previous releases. http://sourceforge.net/projects/brian-d-foy/ If, for some reason, I disappear from the world, one of the other members of the project can shepherd this module appropriately. CREDITS
Japheth Cleaver added the bits to allow a forced install (-f). Jim Brandt suggest and provided the initial implementation for the up-to-date and Changes features. Adam Kennedy pointed out that exit() causes problems on Windows where this script ends up with a .bat extension AUTHOR
brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2006, brian d foy, All Rights Reserved. You may redistribute this under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 CPAN(1)