Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to read Environment Variable Post 302697201 by zaxxon on Thursday 6th of September 2012 09:02:50 AM
Old 09-06-2012
Leave the << EOF and EOF out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help on environment variable

what is the environment variable used for getting the <machine name> . hello $LOGNAME,welcome to <??> I want to print the machine name in the place of <??> Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehuldoshi
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment Variable

First of all I am using C shell. I have a variable destDirectory that holds a path. the path includes an environment variable($user) when I try to execute a command within the script, the $destDirectory gets replaced with the path, but the environment variable is not replaced. I end up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karyn1617
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

about environment variable

i am not clear at some places i saw that assigning a env var with colon ':' like export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:.:/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin here you can find : and a . and again : could some one explain how it works... see all is starting from root directory, how : is used and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read pdf file in UNIX environment?

Hi, I had a PDF file in Windows, I ftp'ed it to UNIX environment. Now, I couldnot read the same file in the UNIX environment. Is there any possible way to read this file? I need to give this file as input Thanks, Geetha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpreting Logicals/Environment Variables using the read command

Hi All I have something that from the outset seems really trivial but in practice is not quite working. I have the following code sample in my shell script which illustrates the problem echo "enter home directory" read home mkdir $home/newdir The user then enters a logical $HOME... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use AWK to read an Environment variable

Dear Unix gurus, Perhaps I'm missing something,.....I'm having the most infernal difficulty getting AWK to read in an environment variable. For example, value=5 awk '{print ""$value""}' should return the number "5". This is not the case. Can somebody help?:confused: cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment Variables in text file and read command

I cannot get the following substitution ($ORACLE_SID) to work: The variable ORACLE_SID is set to wardin my environment. It has been exported. I have a text file called test.dat: /u07/oradata/${ORACLE_SID}/extab/finmart/summit/ps_voucher_line_crnt_ex.dbf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradyd
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Environment Variable

Hi All, I am new to SUN Solaris.I have some questions regarding environment variable.:confused: Q1. Where the environment variables available in Solaris. Q2. What command used here. Q3. Can a user change this .Suppose i want to change the bash to ksh can it be possible here. Or i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdash.ps
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to change environment variables in bash script

Hello! For the moment some settings in my .bashrc contain the password of my company's firewall, which is not a good idea. I would like to use the string "PASSWORD" set in .bashrc and a script that changes all appearances of "PASSWORD" in the environment variables by the actual password (which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolopa
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expand an environment variable in sed, when the variable contains a slash

I'm trying to make a sed substitution where the substitution pattern is an environment variable to be expanded, but the variable contains a "slash". sed -e 's/<HOME_DIRECTORY>/'$HOME'/'This gives me the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unknown option to `s'Obviously this is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies
CPG_LEAVE(3)					    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				      CPG_LEAVE(3)

NAME
cpg_leave - Leave a group in the CPG library SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/cpg.h> int cpg_leave(cpg_handle_t handle, struct cpg_name *group); DESCRIPTION
The cpg_leave function is used to leave a group. Once a group has been left the process will no longer receive messages or notifications about events in that group. Note that a process is only deemed to have left the group once it has been notified (by its confchg callback) that is has left. So expect to receive at least one confchg callback after calling this function. The argument group is used to specify the group to leave. It is currently ignored as only one group can be joined per handle. It is included here for to allow for future development. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CPG_OK value if successful, otherwise an error is returned. ERRORS
The errors are undocumented. SEE ALSO
cpg_overview(8), cpg_initialize(3), cpg_finalize(3), cpg_fd_get(3), cpg_dispatch(3), cpg_join(3), cpg_leave(3), cpg_mcast_joined(3), cpg_membership_get(3) cpg_zcb_alloc(3) cpg_zcb_free(3) cpg_zcb_mcast_joined(3) cpg_context_get(3) cpg_context_set(3) cpg_local_get(3) corosync Man Page 2004-08-31 CPG_LEAVE(3)