Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Script running even after execute permission removed. Post 302696717 by pamu on Wednesday 5th of September 2012 10:38:37 AM
Old 09-05-2012
Can anybody please explain whats going on here below...Smilie

Code:
$ cat test.sh
echo "print"

$ sh test.sh
print

$ ./test.sh
-bash: ./test.sh: Permission denied

$ ls -lt test.sh
-rw-rw-r-- 1 gerbil gerbil 13 Sep  5 10:34 test.sh

$ chmod 754 test.sh

$ ./test.sh
print

$ ls -lt test.sh
-rwxr-xr-- 1 gerbil gerbil 13 Sep  5 10:34 test.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No permission to execute file

I am logged in as root and am trying to execute a file called x_cleanup_equdata but keep getting the message ksh: x_cleanup_equdataNEW: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. I did FTP this file from another server using GET, would this make the difference? I tried chmod 666 but still no luck. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markbeeson
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

without execute permission

how can a script run without execute permissions. when i run myscript as : sh a.sh it was working but when i say simple a.sh its not working since it has no x permission.but how about fist case? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Only Execute Permission for Others...

This might be very silly question but i dont know y is it so... i Have script I have Given the permissions in the following manner... -rwxrwx--x 1 root system 3 Jun 08 15:46 temp I want no one to see what is present in that but should be able to execute it.. but when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script without read permission but execute the script

I have a script, except me no one can read the script but they can execute the script. Is it possible? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script without giving x permission to the file?

How to execute a script with out giving x permission to the file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check read/write/execute permission for 'others'

I want to check access rights permissions not for 'user', not for 'group', but for 'others'. I want to do it by system command in which i want to use 'ls -l' and 'awk' command. I have written the following program : #!/usr/bin/local/perl #include <stdlib.h> system ("ls -l | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhamsachdeva
1 Replies

7. Debian

Execute permission problem

Hello, I need to install a program from a DVD. It uses a sh script called setup. root@ragnok: head -2 /media/cdrom0/setup #!/bin/sh root@ragnok: ls -l /media/cdrom0/setup -r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 4688 Nov 8 08:38 /media/cdrom0/setup root@ragnok: /media/cdrom0/setup bash:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute permission for shell script

Hi All, I am not able to figure out what is the problem with calling a shell script within a shell script. i have given all the permissions to both schell scripts. but when i am seeing the log file error is coming like weekly_us_push_rpts_tst.sh: ./vacation_quota_summary_detail.sh: Execute... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied running shell script in opensuse

Hello, I am having an odd problem in open suse 12. I have a shell script and when I try to run it, I get "permission denied" The permissions from ls -l are, -rw------- 1 user1 users 25904 Jan 10 16:26 script.sh I have tried to change the permissions in dolphin but this does not change the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test - test your dist VERSION
version 4.300020 SYNOPSIS
dzil test [ --release ] [ --no-author ] [ --automated ] [ --all ] DESCRIPTION
This command is a thin wrapper around the test method in Dist::Zilla. It builds your dist and runs the tests with the AUTHOR_TESTING environment variable turned on, so it's like doing this: export AUTHOR_TESTING=1 dzil build --no-tgz cd $BUILD_DIRECTORY perl Makefile.PL make make test A build that fails tests will be left behind for analysis, and dzil will exit a non-zero value. If the tests are successful, the build directory will be removed and dzil will exit with status 0. OPTIONS
--release This will run the test suite with RELEASE_TESTING=1 --automated This will run the test suite with AUTOMATED_TESTING=1 --no-author This will run the test suite without setting AUTHOR_TESTING --all Equivalent to --release --automated --author AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test(3pm)