Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK to classify a file into several ones .. Post 302696341 by agama on Tuesday 4th of September 2012 09:59:31 PM
Old 09-04-2012
This is untested, so there might be a bug I didn't catch. You didn't give a third type in your post, but I think you can figure out how to fill it in.

Awk can be used to create all three files at the same time:

Code:
d=$( date "+ %Y%m%d%H%M%S" )
awk -v date="$date" '
    NR == 1 {
        f1 = sprintf( "LTE_alarms_%s.csv", date );
        f2 = sprintf( "GSM_alarms_%s.csv", date );
         f3 = sprintf( "UTMS_alarms_%s.csv", date );

print >f1;      # capture header line into each output file
        print >f2;
        print >f3;
        next;
    }

$3 == "LTE" { print >f1; next; }   #capture each type into their own file
    $3 == "GSM" { print >f2; next; }
     $3 == "UTMS" { print >f3; next; }
' input-file

Last edited by agama; 09-05-2012 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Minor changes to add UTMS based on later post with more clarification

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use awk to classify file extension from input ls -l

i try to do this for a long time input is command ls -l and output is: Number of files : xx Number of file type – awk : 5 total size: 2345 bytes // file ex type .awk Number of file type – dat : 10 total size: 233 bytes // file ex type .dat ... Number of unknown file type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: retsuseiba
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write awk command into file using awk

hi, i want to write my nawk command into a file. i want to write: awk 'NR==14 && $NF!="Set."{print "l ./gcsw "r" '"'"'lt all;"p"'"'"'"} NR==5{r=$2} NR==3{p=$2 FS $3 FS $4 FS $5}' $logfile > /home/gc_sw/again.mos'"'"' into gc.mos file. this is my code: awk '{print "awk 'NR==14 &&... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Classify value to a range

Dear All, I need to classify my data into sets or ranges based on values in the second column of a file as - low medium and high. INPUT: file1.dat 1.tmp 1.03 2.tmp 0.38 3.tmp 3.23 4.tmp 1.34 I would like to classify all the numerical values into a range based on the followng... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to compare a file with set of files in a directory using 'awk'

Hi, I have a situation to compare one file, say file1.txt with a set of files in directory.The directory contains more than 100 files. To be more precise, the requirement is to compare the first field of file1.txt with the first field in all the files in the directory.The files in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandek
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Print count for column in a file using awk

Hi, I have the following input in a file & need output as mentioned below(need counter of every occurance of field which is to be increased by 1). Input: 919143110065 919143110065 919143110052 918648846132 919143110012 918648873782 919143110152 919143110152 919143110152... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Classify lines in file using perl

The below perl executes and does classify each of the 3 lines in file.txt. Lines 2 and 3 are correct as they fit the criteria for Rule 2. The problem is that line one should be classified VUS as it does not meet the criteria for Rule 1, so Rule 3 is used. However, currently Rule 2 is changing the... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
27 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)