Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Run A Job in Cron On A Specific Day Excluding Holidays Post 302696007 by sktkpl on Tuesday 4th of September 2012 07:03:15 AM
Old 09-04-2012
Run A Job in Cron On A Specific Day Excluding Holidays

Hi,
I want to run a job in cron on a specific date(say 25th of every month) excluding holidays. Can anyone provide some hints to do this? Thanks for any inputs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not run via cron job

I have a perl script, when I ran manually it works perfect. I check the permissions which are fine. How can I find out why it is not running? how can I setup a log to check. I am running it on solaris 9. It compares multiple files, SCP and then send out an e-mail. As I said when I ran it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with a script run by a cron job.

Hi, new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm new to cron jobs and scripts, and I need some help with a script to be used with a cron job. I already have a bot set up at a certain website address and need a script that the cron job will load every day that tells it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klawless
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron script -run every 2nd day of month except Monday

I know I can't schedule this in cron and would have to write a wrapper around my script and schedule it in cron ....but not sure how do to this? How do I exclude Monday if the 2nd day of the month falls on a Monday? Thanks. I tried this: 0 0 2 * 0,2-6 command And I know this doesnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtou
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use cron to run job every other week

my colleague was asking about this: is there a way to run a cron job biweekly, like a script five.sh to run every *OTHER* Friday within November its part about every other Friday we cant find any documentation. thx L (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaflamp
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job randomly once a day

I want to create a cron job randomly once a day for my site's registration. The responsible file for registrations is a config file and I need to change the contents twice on day (on and off) I know the way for random cron job for example */n * * * * /usr/local/bin/php... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucker
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys job scheduling on specific day

Below is the requirement i am trying to do using auto sysjob. I need to create a JOB or script which will do the below things for me I have a box and there corresponding jobs as below BOX_1 JOB_1 JOB_2 BOX_2--- SU(JOB_2), this will run only on completion (Success) of JOB_2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job to Run for 30 minutes

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement to run a job from cron only for 30 minutes duration daily twice at 8.35 am and 20.35 pm Can you please suggest how to schedule the job? Thanks- Pokhraj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job cannot run the command

Hi, I created this cron job for asterisk to send sms daily to a number #!/bin/sh #custom mod - send sms once a day, at 07:00. CRON_PATH="/etc/asterisk/gw/crontabs_root"; if ! grep 'gsm send sms' $CRON_PATH > /dev/null 2>&1 ;then echo "* 7 * * * asterisk -rx 'gsm send sms 1 7666... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX cron job is running everyday instead of on a particular day

Hello, I was trying to run a script on a dev server using cron job. It supposed to run 3rd sunday of every month. 45 4 15-21 * 0 /home/user1/myscript.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 # run this script 3rd sunday of every month When I Schedule it on AIX server, It is running every day at 4:45 AM. am I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
3 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)