Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to print lines between repeated pattern Post 302695829 by Eman_in_forum on Tuesday 4th of September 2012 01:34:01 AM
Old 09-04-2012
need to print lines between repeated pattern

Hi all,

I have a file that looks like this:

Code:
uid=bessemsj
version: 1
dn: cn=Desk SpecialAdminDesk, ou=Desks, dc=DSS,c=nl,o=Vodafone
dn: cn=DSS Advisors, ou=Groups, dc=DSS,c=nl,o=Vodafone
dn: cn=DSS Dispatcher,ou=Groups,dc=DSS,c=nl,o=Vodafone
dn: cn=Desk Retention Desk,ou=Desks, dc=DSS,c=nl,o=Vodafone
uid=nijss
uid=langenbergr

i am looping this file for every uid value, and need to separate lines below every matched uid into a file , who can i do this

Thanks in advance Smilie

Eman

---------- Post updated at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31 AM ----------

please note that the number of lines VARIES after every uid!

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-04-2012 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print certain pattern from 2 lines

i have 2 lines comming out of a script o/p.below the line. 2008-10-14 05:47:05,551 INFO - LPBatch: 2008-10-14 05:47:05,575 INFO - Number of Intervals Not Inserted: 1 / 95 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- How to print the below o/p from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print lines between the search pattern

hi, I have a file say x.txt containing xxx 123 bla bla ... you xxx dfk dbf ... me xxx ... ... keeps on.. i need to search for pattern in the line starting xxx in the file. If pattern matched, I need to fetch all the lines till i find next xxx. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the above and below lines for the grep pattern.

Hi, i would like to get the above and below lines of the grep pattern . For ex : file as below: chk1- aaaa 1-Nov chk2 -aaaa ########## chk1-bbbbbb 1-Nov chk2-bbbbbb ######### my search pattern is date : 1-Nov i need the o/p as below chk1- aaaa 1-Nov (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines up to pattern excluding pattern

11 22 33 44 55 66 77 When pattern 55 is met, print upto it, so output is 11 22 33 44 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print specific lines of a repeated set of data

I have a file that needs 1st line, 2nd line, and 26th line printed from every chunk of data. Each chunk of data contains 26 lines (#line+%line+24 data lines = 26 lines of data repeated). Input file: # This is a data file used for blockA (chunk 1). % 10576 A 10 0 1 04 (data1) 03 (data2)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrbie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the lines which are repeated 3 times in a file?

Hello All, I have a file which has repeated lines. I want to print the lines which are repeated three times. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print field after pattern in all lines

data: hello--hello1--hello2--#growncars#vello--hello3--hello4--jello#growncars#dello--gello--gelloA--gelloB#growncars# I want to be able to print all the values that are found between the patterns "#growncars#" and the next "#growncars#" on the same line. so the output should be: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
SSL_CIPHER_get_name(3)						      OpenSSL						    SSL_CIPHER_get_name(3)

NAME
SSL_CIPHER_get_name, SSL_CIPHER_get_bits, SSL_CIPHER_get_version, SSL_CIPHER_description - get SSL_CIPHER properties SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> const char *SSL_CIPHER_get_name(SSL_CIPHER *cipher); int SSL_CIPHER_get_bits(SSL_CIPHER *cipher, int *alg_bits); char *SSL_CIPHER_get_version(SSL_CIPHER *cipher); char *SSL_CIPHER_description(SSL_CIPHER *cipher, char *buf, int size); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CIPHER_get_name() returns a pointer to the name of cipher. If the argument is the NULL pointer, a pointer to the constant value "NONE" is returned. SSL_CIPHER_get_bits() returns the number of secret bits used for cipher. If alg_bits is not NULL, it contains the number of bits processed by the chosen algorithm. If cipher is NULL, 0 is returned. SSL_CIPHER_get_version() returns the protocol version for cipher, currently "SSLv2", "SSLv3", or "TLSv1". If cipher is NULL, "(NONE)" is returned. SSL_CIPHER_description() returns a textual description of the cipher used into the buffer buf of length len provided. len must be at least 128 bytes, otherwise a pointer to the the string "Buffer too small" is returned. If buf is NULL, a buffer of 128 bytes is allocated using OPENSSL_malloc(). If the allocation fails, a pointer to the string "OPENSSL_malloc Error" is returned. NOTES
The number of bits processed can be different from the secret bits. An export cipher like e.g. EXP-RC4-MD5 has only 40 secret bits. The algorithm does use the full 128 bits (which would be returned for alg_bits), of which however 88bits are fixed. The search space is hence only 40 bits. The string returned by SSL_CIPHER_description() in case of success consists of cleartext information separated by one or more blanks in the following sequence: <ciphername> Textual representation of the cipher name. <protocol version> Protocol version: SSLv2, SSLv3. The TLSv1 ciphers are flagged with SSLv3. Kx=<key exchange> Key exchange method: RSA (for export ciphers as RSA(512) or RSA(1024)), DH (for export ciphers as DH(512) or DH(1024)), DH/RSA, DH/DSS, Fortezza. Au=<authentication> Authentication method: RSA, DSS, DH, None. None is the representation of anonymous ciphers. Enc=<symmetric encryption method> Encryption method with number of secret bits: DES(40), DES(56), 3DES(168), RC4(40), RC4(56), RC4(64), RC4(128), RC2(40), RC2(56), RC2(128), IDEA(128), Fortezza, None. Mac=<message authentication code> Message digest: MD5, SHA1. <export flag> If the cipher is flagged exportable with respect to old US crypto regulations, the word "export" is printed. EXAMPLES
Some examples for the output of SSL_CIPHER_description(): EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA SSLv3 Kx=DH Au=RSA Enc=3DES(168) Mac=SHA1 EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA SSLv3 Kx=DH Au=DSS Enc=3DES(168) Mac=SHA1 RC4-MD5 SSLv3 Kx=RSA Au=RSA Enc=RC4(128) Mac=MD5 EXP-RC4-MD5 SSLv3 Kx=RSA(512) Au=RSA Enc=RC4(40) Mac=MD5 export BUGS
If SSL_CIPHER_description() is called with cipher being NULL, the library crashes. If SSL_CIPHER_description() cannot handle a built-in cipher, the according description of the cipher property is unknown. This case should not occur. RETURN VALUES
See DESCRIPTION SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_current_cipher(3), SSL_get_ciphers(3), ciphers(1) 0.9.7d 2002-04-30 SSL_CIPHER_get_name(3)