Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automation, Copy, File Status Check --> Script(s) Post 302695501 by karthi_mrkg on Monday 3rd of September 2012 04:31:00 AM
Old 09-03-2012
Automation, Copy, File Status Check --> Script(s)

All,

I have to write a script to do the following requirement.
There is a file called BUSINESS_DATE.TXT.
This file get updated once the oracle partition created. In Oracle, Partition will be created every day. There is a seperate script scheduled to take care ORACLE partition creation.
The above file will have only one row. i.e
If Oracle partition creation job failed, the above file won't be updated.
My requirement is,
I have to check whether the BUSINESS_DATE file is updated today or not. If yes, I will have to move the files from common area to input file directory to process those files.
All file name will amend with current date.
i.e
LIDDIFD03092012.TXT
The key part is to check the BUSINESS_DATE.TXT file is updated properly or not.
We don't know what time the file will get updated. So we are planning to schedule the new script to run for every 15 mins to check whether the file is updated or not.
is the above proposal is ok or is there any other feasible solution to do the same?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check exit status in awk script

Hi, I have a main program which have below lines - awk -f test.awk inputFileName - I wonder how to check status return from awk script. content of awk script: test.awk --- if ( pass validation ) { exit 1 } else { (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epall
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check status of a PID

i'm just learning scripting, and have been banging my head against this I want to check if my WAS6 java process is running and if so..echo me a messages. If not then echo me a different messages the problem i have is I dont know how to represent a NULL return value. If i grep for a was6... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to track exit status of ftp automation

ftp automation code is ftp -v -n -i $host_name << EOF user $u_name $u_pass bi mput $tar_file bye EOF How to check whether the file is successfully transfered or not. Suppose the user name or password is provided wrongly then the code should track the error and ask the end user to enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help....script check status if see something then send email

autorep -m bogus Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status ___________ ________ ___________ ______ ________ ______ bogus --- --- 1.00 Sys Agent Online Status ______ Online Offline Missing Unqualified The "Status" always "Online". I like create a script execute run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the status of script for every 5 min?

Hi, Can any1 provide the code for my req: I am loading few set of files into database through one unix script. I ll try to describe the process: load_cdr-->main script Source Feeds are A & B. File in A-akm.dat File in B-bkm.dat Now my script runs through cron jobs everyday...and for both... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies

7. Linux

Check up the status of a Script (running or not)

Hello, i allready search on google und here in the local Forum, but can't found something. I need a query in php, that check whether a process (script) is running or not. Like this: php query: /usr/bin/Script01 >> if runnig, then: "Script01 is Online", if not "Script01 is Offline" I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProTechEx
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script which will check the target file and folder exists and copy it

Hi All, I am a beginner in this and trying to write a shell script in linux which will : 1. Ask for a file name and check if its exists. 2. If file exists only then it will ask for the new target folder, after entering target folder name it will check if it exists. 3. If target folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check process status

Hi Team, I am using redhat 6.4 version server.We have a script which is used to check the process and sends email if the process is not running.If it is running it will continue and do some other operation. I didnot understand below option -z in the if condition.I have tried to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies
update_dyld_shared_cache(1)				    BSD General Commands Manual 			       update_dyld_shared_cache(1)

NAME
update_dyld_shared_cache -- Updates dyld's shared cache SYNOPSIS
update_dyld_shared_cache [-root directory] [-overlay directory] [-arch arch] [-force] [-debug] [-sort_by_name] [-universal_boot] [-verify] [-dylib_list file] [-iPhone] [-cache_dir dir] DESCRIPTION
update_dyld_shared_cache ensures that dyld's shared cache is up-to-date. This tool is normally only run by Apple's Installer and Software Update, as they are the only official ways for OS dylibs to be updated. But if for some reason you used another mechanism to alter an OS dylib, you should manually run update_dyld_shared_cache. Note that the new cache does not take effect until the OS is rebooted. If a safe-boot is done (booting with shift key held down) the cache is deleted. The dyld shared cache is mapped by dyld into a process at launch time. Later, when loading any mach-o image, dyld will first check if is in the share cache, and if it is will use that pre-bound version instead of opening, mapping, and binding the original file. This results in significant performance improvements to launch time. update_dyld_shared_cache scans the directory /var/db/dyld/shared_region_roots for text files containing paths to mach-o executables. The full dependencies of all dylibs required by those executables is used to determine which libraries are commonly used and should be placed in the shared cache. If one of the text files contains a path to a dylib, that dylib and its dependents will be forced into the cache. update_dyld_shared_cache builds a separate cache file for each architecture. The cache files and a readable text map of the cached are gen- erated to /var/db/dyld. You must be root to run this tool. The options are as follows: -root directory This option specifies the root of an OS installation for which dyld's shared cache should be updated. This is used by the In- staller to update the dyld shared cache in a partition other than the one you into which you are currently booted. The cache files are created in the var/db/dyld directory of the specified directory. Note: if you are manually doing this, be sure to run the update_dyld_shared_cache tool that is in the partition being updated. This assures the cache format created will match that expected when booting off that partition. -overlay directory This option specifies the root of a sparse directory tree. When building the dyld shared cache, any corresponding mach-o files in the sparse directory will override those in the boot partition. This is used by Software Update to build a dyld shared cache for the update that is about to be installed. The cache files are created in the var/db/dyld directory of the specified direc- tory. -arch arch By default update_dyld_shared_cache generates cache files for all architecture that the current machine can execute. You can override this behavior by specifying one or more -arch options and list exactly which architectures should have their shared caches updated. -force This option will cause update_dyld_shared_cache to regenerated the shared cache files even if they appear to be already up-to- date. -debug This option prints out additional information about the work being done. -sort_by_name By default update_dyld_shared_cache assigns a random start address to each mach-o image in the cache. This option causes the start addresses to be chosen in path order, thus subsequent runs will produce the same address layout which can help reproduce some bugs. -universal_boot This option can only be used running on an machine with an Intel processor. It builds caches that can be used when booting on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines. -dylib_list file Instead of scanning /var/db/dyld/shared_region_roots/, this option provides a file that contains a list of the dylibs to use when building the shared cache file. -verify Will regenerate a shared cache in-memory that matches the randomization of the existing shared cache file. Then instead of writ- ing the cache file, it compares the in-memory cache file to the on disk version and reports any differences. -iPhone indicates that cache is not for the current Mac OS X, but for rather for an iPhone -cache_dir directory This option specifies the directory in which to create the cache file(s). If not specified, the cache file(s) are created in the standard location (e.g. var/db/dyld/) of the root partition. FILES
/var/db/dyld/shared_region_roots directory of text files with paths to mach-o images used to determine what should be in shared cache. SEE ALSO
dyld(1) Darwin Oct 10, 2008 Darwin