Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Reverse a sentence in linux ? (bash/cshell) Post 302695239 by RudiC on Sunday 2nd of September 2012 07:24:59 AM
Old 09-02-2012
The period stays a problem, as DeCoTwc already mentioned:
Code:
 set -- $(cat test); for (( i=$#; i>0; i-- )); do eval echo -n \$$i"\ "; done; echo

I know, using "eval" may expose your system to a certain risk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script pass sentence in block

Hello, I want to know is it possible to pass a block of sentence using bash. For example, I have a script called Test.sh that takes in $1 and $2. and I'm calling Test.sh in a.sh so in a.sh Test.sh '' 'This is a sentence' Because block are separated by space so when I do that, I get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux reverse page order+duplex is not working

hi all, i have a postscript file with duplex print commands. When i print it with lpr command it prints in duplex. lpr -pprintername filename.ps but when i try to print the pages in reverse order with -outputorder=reverse it is not printing in reverse order (but pages are prited... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep in Cshell

Hi Everyone, I'm facing a problem using grep in Cshell. This is what i'm trying to do: grep "abc" somefile VAR="$?" echo $VAR somefile contains: abc def ghi Now, should'nt my output be 0 (Zero) I'm getting 1 (One) Can you please help me out. Thanks in advance :) G1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence

Hi People, I need some Help to write a unix script that asks for a sentence to be typed out then with the sentence. Counts the number of spaces within the sentence and then echo's out "The Number Of Spaces In The Sentence is 4" as a example Thanks Danielle (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie101208
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Decimals in Cshell

Hello... I am new to unix and I am wondering if in a C-shell script , Are we supposed to use only whole numbers........ for example..if a program needs to calculate the average of some numbers........ @ avg = (($1 +$2 + $3)/3)) is returning a whole number.........How can a decimal be achieved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravindra22
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[grep] how to grep a sentence which has quotation marks "sentence"

I would like to check with grep in this configuration file: { "alt-speed-down": 200, "alt-speed-enabled": true, "alt-speed-time-begin": 1140, "alt-speed-time-day": 127, "...something..." : true, ... } "alt-speed-enabled" (the third line of the file) is setted to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciro314
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for bash to cshell convertor

Hi ,I have seen this comverters before ,but I was searching today and I can not find them .Is anybody used them before .Any recomendations Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client - reverse lookup

The following thread is closed: 133552-howto-linux-multihomed-dns-client (Sorry I am not allowed to post URLs) Therefore I write this append in an own thread. The HOWTO in the referenced thread helped me a lot and I only want to append how to make reverse lookup working for a local zone: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheruga
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Bash: menu-complete and reverse

Hi, In the archives I found this: And this works fine. $if mode=vi "\C-0-": digit-argument TAB: menu-complete "\e But what I want is to reverse this. So I want that tab does reverse menu completion and shift tab does normal menu completion. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozkanb
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reverse compiled bash (obfucation)?

hi guys, 10 years a go I wrote an script in bash programming and I compiled (obfuscate) it, but after 10 years I need to change some lines and remove some lines, but i do not remember what I've done. does anyone has any idea about decompile (deobfuscation) it? here is some line of my code (u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhsh0001
3 Replies
scrl(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    scrl(3XCURSES)

NAME
scrl, scroll, wscrl - scroll a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n number and direction of lines to scroll win pointer to the window in which to scroll DESCRIPTION
The scroll() function scrolls the window win up one line. The current cursor position is not changed. The scrl() and wscrl() functions scroll the window stdscr or win up or down n lines, where n is a positive (scroll up) or negative (scroll down) integer. The scrollok(3XCURSES) function must be enabled for these functions to work. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clearok(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 scrl(3XCURSES)