Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Changing 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 Post 302695229 by Jotne on Sunday 2nd of September 2012 06:12:53 AM
Old 09-02-2012
[Solved] Changing 0 to 1 and 1 to 0

Hi

I have an expression that returns 1 if a text is found and 0 if its not found.
I need it the other way around. 0 of found and 1 if its not found

Code:
echo $((`cat /var/log/system1/output.html | grep aligment | head -n1 | wc -l`))

Is this possible without doing an if/then/else, just with math (bolean) in same line?

Edit
"grep -q" worked great

Last edited by Jotne; 09-02-2012 at 09:06 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing / to - with vi

Hi just learning Unix in college now and this is my first post here, so I dunno if this goes here, or in the homework section technically. Anywho, trying to change all the / in a file into - using vi... i went into the command prompt, and put in :%s///-/g and it comes up with E488: Trailing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Changing to upper case in csh

How can I change a string contained in a variable to upper case using csh ??? ---------- Post updated at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 AM ---------- I think I've got it, using tr has solved the problem set opt = ` echo $opt | tr "" "" ` (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Changing file names

I have written a csh script that changes the name of file from src to dst. I am getting the error below: TESTAmvfiles DONE TESTAmvfiles set: Variable name must begin with a letter. The csh script is: #!/bin/csh #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] LDAP Constraint Violation while changing password

Hello there, I hope that I am posting in the right section here, please advise if I posted wrong. I currently try to change passwords in our Active Directory Envoirenment via LDAP on Linux since the users in question do not have access to a windows-machine and we want to keep it that way. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henryford
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help needed to have changing value to the command prompt string variable PS1

Hi, I am using git bash terminal window to do git operations. I have set the prompt string variable PS1 in the ~/.bashrc file as follows: export PS1=" " This is intended to show me the current git branch's name which is active as part of the prompt string. But, the problem is when I do a git... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Need help changing a field from MM/DD/YY to DD/MM/YY format

Hi, I need help changing a field from MM/DD/YY to DD/MM/YY format. Suppose a file a.csv. The record is "11/16/09","ABC"," 1","EU","520892414","1","600","31351000","1234567","ANR BANK CO. LTD" "11/16/09","PQR"," 2","EU","520892427","1","600","31351000","5467897","ANR BANK CO.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Writing a loop to changing the names of files in a directory

Hi, I would like to write a loop to change the names of files in a directory. The files are called data1.txt through data1000.txt. I'd like to change their names to a1.txt through a1000.txt. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

10. Solaris

[Solved] Question changing timezone rules / zic

Dear, One of our customer which is located in Iraq/Baghdad, has informed us about a official change in daylight saving time in few days later and has asked us to fix this issue. So, the current timezone of that system is set as 'Asia/Baghdad' which is correct. however to fix the issue I went... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
0 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)