Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to copy certain info from several directories Post 302694919 by Corona688 on Friday 31st of August 2012 04:45:56 PM
Old 08-31-2012
There's no point doing ls -l if all you're going to do is extract the filename from it. The ordinary listing will do.

Code:
find /eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/525/data/doubleele/2012/ -name '*root' | while read FILE
do
        echo mv "$FILE" /path/to/dest
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy and keep owner info

I need to copy all fiels and directories to another locathon and keep the owner info and rights. I tried cp -r - p * /newdir No good. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarono
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy selected Directories

I wonder if someone would help me a little here. I have a directory (folder on a mac) with about 100 subfolders and sub-subfolders and files there in. All sub directories have the same name structure, "AAA Name". Like this: ISP CompanyName ITS CompanyName KEL CompanyName KRA CompanyName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigurarm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file into directories and sub-directories

Hello- I need to copy a file into multiple directories, and each directory's sub-directories (of which there are 5) Currently, the parent directory is set up like this: dir1 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 sub-dir4 sub-dir5 dir2 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penlok
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to copy the lease info block

Hi, am having a lease file which contains lots os lease info. In that i have to copy the whole block(shown below) by identifying the mac and change the IP according to the i/p. I have used like sed s/${ip_addr}/$ch_ip/g $temp_file | grep -B5 "${mac}" >> $persistent_file sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMNK
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name but different in the end i have files in directory called test: 10_10_asdadfsdfad.txt 10_10_11_asdawqefwkjasd.txt 10_10_11_12_asdafjjhoqwd.txt i want to put them in exist directory thart i have on my system i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t17
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract the day of the year and use that info to copy a file remotely

Hello, Thank you in advance for helping a newbie who is having great trouble with this simple task. I'm allowed to copy one file remotely each night due to bandwidth restrictions. A new file gets generated once a day, and I need to copy the previous day's file. Here is what I'd like to do:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmozdzen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy particular file from directories recursively

I have directory path in which there are several sub directories. In all these sub dir there will be one env.cnf file. I want to copy this env.cnf file from each sub dir's and place them in destination path by creating same filename as sub dir_env.cnf. After copying env.cnf files from source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy directories in make file

LD:=C:/WindRiver/diab/5.9.3.0/WIN32/bin/dld.exe CFILES:=$(wildcard *.c) OBJFILES:=$(subst .c,.o, $(CFILES)) OBJ_PATH:=$(PRJ_PATH)/out/ ADDOBJFILES := $(addprefix $(OBJ_PATH),$(OBJFILES)) FILES:=C:/EB/tresos/workspace/Test_Spi/output/src copyfiles: cp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ushacy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Copy Directories ONLY

I am trying to copy only the date specific folders/directories using the following command. However, the following copy command is also copying files from the root folder (OriginalFolder). find /OriginalFolder/ -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)